Interview vs Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StitchEM

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am curious to know how many of you who were accepted to your respective med schools were interviewed at the begining of the prossess? Does the time of your interview really matter? Thanks in Advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Dani,

I had completed all of my interviews (4) by this time last year. I only applied to 5 schools. I know that (supposedly) in Tx, where I applied, timing doesnt matter. It probably does at some schools, though, i.e. those with rolling admissions. Good luck!

Star

I was accepted at three schools, of which, I interviewed at all three by November 1. I was interviewed at 5 other schools after this time, and was waitlisted at the rest.

Different experience here; I interviewed at 1 school in October, 1 in Nov., 1 in Dec., 1 in January, 2 in March, and 1 in April. I was first accepted (off waitlist) to the school that interviewed me in April (SLU) and then accepted at the school that interviewed me in January (Tufts). I am an M'05 (as first years are called here) at Tufts at present.