Interview Wear Etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STcmOCSD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any Texas schools in which you would say it ISN'T appropriate to change into flats for the campus tour? Aka any more formal schools that will veto that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any Texas schools in which you would say it ISN'T appropriate to change into flats for the campus tour? Aka any more formal schools that will veto that idea.

I wouldn't think it would be an issue but ask @wysdoc who is a Texan. Or ask on the women's interview attire #4 thread.

Flats but not sneakers. The issue I see is more logistic: Do you want to carry a purse with you everywhere big enough for a spare pair of shoes AND have your purse smell like sweaty feet?o_O

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Flats but not sneakers. The issue I see is more logistic: Do you want to carry a purse with you everywhere big enough for a spare pair of shoes AND have your purse smell like sweaty feet?o_O
Exactly. Wear a pair of low heels that you can comfortably walk in so there is no need to change shoes.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice guys! I tried wearing low heels to one interview and it still was too painful for my feet. I have a pair of flats for future interviews (definitely not sneakers and not open toed) but wanted to make sure it'd be okay.