Interview while on rotation?

Started by cbtk18
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cbtk18

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on my last week of a rotation at a program I would def want to end up at and at which I am scheduled to interview middle of Nov.asked me if I wanted to interview at the end of the week to save me the extra trip here. However, the program is not a far drive and I had planned on bringing back my fiance to check out the town and spend a weekend (in Nov).

Should I go ahead and interview now?
 
I don't see how telling them "this program is my number 1 and since it isn't too far and I would really like to show my fiance the city and spend some time here first" would be taken in a bad way... If anything it shows them you are looking at the happiness of a SO as well. If the SO is happy you're more likely to be happy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm on my last week of a rotation at a program I would def want to end up at and at which I am scheduled to interview middle of Nov.asked me if I wanted to interview at the end of the week to save me the extra trip here. However, the program is not a far drive and I had planned on bringing back my fiance to check out the town and spend a weekend (in Nov).

Should I go ahead and interview now?

I would interview now. You can always come up and visit w/o having an interview to stress about.
 
I have a few during rotations. Mine is during EM, so it is flexible. I had a prelim medicine offer me a Skype interview when I said I couldn't attend due to a mandatory rotation, which I think was pretty cool of them.