fluropanda

New Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
3
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi, this forum is very informative.
I'm about to go on my first pain interview. I've got an anesthesiology background. What are some key aspects to look for in a program (besides how happy the current fellows are). Do programs just paint a peachy picture during interview or are they pretty honest?
Also, do any program stagger their fellows as far as start date is concerned? Would it be okay to start say in August instead of July?
Thanks!
 

wonthurtabit1

Member
10+ Year Member
May 27, 2006
73
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
fluropanda said:
Hi, this forum is very informative.
I'm about to go on my first pain interview. I've got an anesthesiology background. What are some key aspects to look for in a program (besides how happy the current fellows are). Do programs just paint a peachy picture during interview or are they pretty honest?
Also, do any program stagger their fellows as far as start date is concerned? Would it be okay to start say in August instead of July?
Thanks!

not to be to hard on you on your first post.... but did you mean
flouropanda and not fluropanda?

:love:
 
About the Ads

chinochulo

Member
15+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
32
1
Status (Visible)
wonthurtabit1 said:
not to be to hard on you on your first post.... but did you mean flouropanda and not fluropanda?
Don't mean to hate on you, wonthurtabit, but you aren't winning any spelling bees either.... :laugh:
 

wonthurtabit1

Member
10+ Year Member
May 27, 2006
73
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
chinochulo said:
Don't mean to hate on you, wonthurtabit, but you aren't winning any spelling bees either.... :laugh:

ahh spank me... no more late nites on the pain website... i think i left my cake out in the rain.... w/ too much flour. i go back lick my wounds for a bit, so they wonthurt---so much. :sleep:
 

ypain

New Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
7
0
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
:confused: Would anybody know if apply pain fellow program, What I need submit. Do I need sent them personal statement.
 

Louisville04

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
319
4
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
ypain said:
:confused: Would anybody know if apply pain fellow program, What I need submit. Do I need sent them personal statement.

Well there are links to anesthesia and pm&r pain fellowships on this website (painrounds.com). Make sure to have your personal statement proofread by an English major ;)
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.