fluropanda

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi, this forum is very informative.
I'm about to go on my first pain interview. I've got an anesthesiology background. What are some key aspects to look for in a program (besides how happy the current fellows are). Do programs just paint a peachy picture during interview or are they pretty honest?
Also, do any program stagger their fellows as far as start date is concerned? Would it be okay to start say in August instead of July?
Thanks!

wonthurtabit1

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
fluropanda said:
Hi, this forum is very informative.
I'm about to go on my first pain interview. I've got an anesthesiology background. What are some key aspects to look for in a program (besides how happy the current fellows are). Do programs just paint a peachy picture during interview or are they pretty honest?
Also, do any program stagger their fellows as far as start date is concerned? Would it be okay to start say in August instead of July?
Thanks!
not to be to hard on you on your first post.... but did you mean
flouropanda and not fluropanda?

:love:

lobelsteve

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status
Attending Physician
ditto that for 50 + posts.

fluoroscopy

About the Ads

chinochulo

15+ Year Member
May 22, 2004
Status
wonthurtabit1 said:
not to be to hard on you on your first post.... but did you mean flouropanda and not fluropanda?
Don't mean to hate on you, wonthurtabit, but you aren't winning any spelling bees either.... :laugh:

wonthurtabit1

10+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
chinochulo said:
Don't mean to hate on you, wonthurtabit, but you aren't winning any spelling bees either.... :laugh:
ahh spank me... no more late nites on the pain website... i think i left my cake out in the rain.... w/ too much flour. i go back lick my wounds for a bit, so they wonthurt---so much. :sleep:

ypain

10+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
:confused: Would anybody know if apply pain fellow program, What I need submit. Do I need sent them personal statement.

Louisville04

10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
ypain said:
:confused: Would anybody know if apply pain fellow program, What I need submit. Do I need sent them personal statement.
Well there are links to anesthesia and pm&r pain fellowships on this website (painrounds.com). Make sure to have your personal statement proofread by an English major ;)

About the Ads