Interviewed vs. accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HazelEyes34

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the number of applicants interviewed vs. the number accepted for each of the schools. I have tried the schools' websites, but haven't been too successful so far. Thanks! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the reply, but not quite what I was looking for. I was looking for something more like this, posted on NECO's website...

Admissions Statistics Number of Students
Applicants 680
Interviewed 267
Enrolled 110

A lot of the other schools do not post this information, however (not that I could find anyway).

Members don't see this ad :)
Found one more example, from ICO's website. This is for the class of 2004...

Applicants 785
Interviewed 437
Enrolled 155

HazelEyes34 said:
Found one more example, from ICO's website. This is for the class of 2004...

Applicants 785
Interviewed 437
Enrolled 155

That's a great question.
Even though 437 were interviewed, what # were given acceptance letters? 155 only shows they were accepted and decided to attend ICO.

Ack, sorry, I see what you're looking for now. I wish I knew what to tell you!

If you're wondering what your odds are, it'll also vary based on whether or not they have rolling admission.

Good luck! :)

For ICO at least, number applied was- 980, accepted- 302, and enrolled- 153 for the class of 2005. That came from your link, 4Eyes. The only piece of info missing was the number that were actually granted interviews. So it looks like only half the people that are accepted actually enroll, but a majority of the people interviewed were accepted. I guess it just depends on everything, the school, the applicants for that year, everything!

SCO in 2004
Applied - 541
Interviewed - unknown (appx. 300 b/w Oct-Apr)
Accepted - unknown
Enrolled - 123

SCO in 2005
Applied - 673
Interviewed - unknown (appx. 300 b/w Oct-Apr)
Accepted - 181
Enrolled - 122

thanks for the reply- i actually have my interview there friday!

HazelEyes34 said:
thanks for the reply- i actually have my interview there friday!
Good luck! Mine is in 2 weeks. :(
How long does SCO take to make a decision?

I interviewed at SCO on Nov. 11 and received a call from Robin Graves on the 21st to tell me I was accepted. It depends on how many regional positions are available for your state (I think they hold out sometimes if only one or two spots left to try to offer them first --- one person on here is having that problem from Kansas right now). It also depends on when they meet to discuss who to invite --- might be weekly or biweekly... but that would definitely be a good question to ask Robin or Sunnie (ie: how often does the committee meet to review applicant files?)

Good luck to you all on your interviews, and perhaps we'll meet at SCO in August.