Interviewing at Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Josh03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The school told me to fly into Greensboro, but I read that it's a ways from the school. Does anyone know how much the shuttle costs and who we can call to reserve one. Also, how far away is Raleigh, cause it's a lot cheaper to fly into that airport. And is there a shuttle from Raleigh to Winston-Salem?

Members don't see this ad.

The shuttle from GSO to Winston-Salem is ~$30 and takes about 30 min. The shuttle was very pleasant. Not sure about going from Raleigh to W-S.

It took me about 2 hours to drive from Raleigh to WS, but it was perfectly clear weather then. I'm not sure what it will take if its snowing/raining.

I originally spent $600 on a Travelocity ticket to get to Greensboro but missed my connecting flight in Chicago due to a snow storm that shutdown the airport. Last minute flight on Southwest (extra $200!) dropped me in Raleigh at 1am. That flight was also delayed landing in Chicago due to snow. I should have arrived in Raleigh at 10pm. I rented a car last minute also, cost me about $100 because I have no auto club membership.

All in all, I'd said fly into Greensboro for simplicity unless you're arriving early the day before and don't mind driving at least 2 hours.

gobruins

Greensboro and the Greensboro Airport is about half an hour from Winston-Salem. The Raleigh Airport (RDU) is actually not in Raleigh, but between Durham and Raleigh and is about 20 minutes from Durham and then about an hour and a half to Winston-Salem from there. I'm pretty sure that you CANNOT go from the RDU airport to Wake Forest via a shuttle. The farthest you could go from the RDU airport would be Chapel Hill.

When and how did you find out about your Wake interview? (If you dont' mind me asking...:)