• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

lina123321

ralph: im a unitard
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
over the rainbow
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i got an invite for a school, but it specifically says in the letter that it is for the waitlist...given this, would you go? is there someway to find out which schools tend to take a bunch of people off their waitlist, as opposed to schools where there is almost no movement on the waitlist? [fyi, im currently on a few waitlists, but have not yet received an acceptance]

theDOCTORINATOR

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
i got an invite for a school, but it specifically says in the letter that it is for the waitlist...given this, would you go? is there someway to find out which schools tend to take a bunch of people off their waitlist, as opposed to schools where there is almost no movement on the waitlist? [fyi, im currently on a few waitlists, but have not yet received an acceptance]
I would go unless you already have an acceptance. Waitlists often move. What if the other waitlists reject you and this one would have accpeted you and saved you from wasting another year? I would go as you never know in this random process but its the same thing as buying another lottery ticket......you get another shot at winning the jackpot!:luck:

iwannagomed

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i agree...

what if others who received the same letter decide not to go (knowing that its only for a waitlist spot)...

fewer people to compete against...

About the Ads

interstellar

intergalactic planetary!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
Status (Visible)
if you don't have an acceptance yet, its worth a shot. think about all those other ppl getting the letter and thinking no way!!!

dasacohen

S.D.N=addicting
10+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Berkeley, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
depends on the school....if you don't mind my asking which school is this for?

many schools (drexel, jefferson, etc) have fast moving waitlists while others do not

MadHopsMD

10+ Year Member
Apr 22, 2006
North
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

this is a useless thread :p. If there is even a chance of getting accepted go...especially if you have no acceptance. The pain of reapplying is much much worse.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.