interviewing for waitlist spot...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lina123321

ralph: im a unitard
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got an invite for a school, but it specifically says in the letter that it is for the waitlist...given this, would you go? is there someway to find out which schools tend to take a bunch of people off their waitlist, as opposed to schools where there is almost no movement on the waitlist? [fyi, im currently on a few waitlists, but have not yet received an acceptance]

Members don't see this ad.

i got an invite for a school, but it specifically says in the letter that it is for the waitlist...given this, would you go? is there someway to find out which schools tend to take a bunch of people off their waitlist, as opposed to schools where there is almost no movement on the waitlist? [fyi, im currently on a few waitlists, but have not yet received an acceptance]
I would go unless you already have an acceptance. Waitlists often move. What if the other waitlists reject you and this one would have accpeted you and saved you from wasting another year? I would go as you never know in this random process but its the same thing as buying another lottery ticket......you get another shot at winning the jackpot!:luck:

i agree...

what if others who received the same letter decide not to go (knowing that its only for a waitlist spot)...

fewer people to compete against...

Members don't see this ad :)
if you don't have an acceptance yet, its worth a shot. think about all those other ppl getting the letter and thinking no way!!!

depends on the school....if you don't mind my asking which school is this for?

many schools (drexel, jefferson, etc) have fast moving waitlists while others do not

this is a useless thread :p. If there is even a chance of getting accepted go...especially if you have no acceptance. The pain of reapplying is much much worse.