Interviews/acceptance ratio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Allo:
9 applications
1 interview offered (in a 'potential acceptance pool' post-interview)
No word from 5 schools

DO:
8 applications
5 interviews
3 declined interviews
1 acceptance
1 waitlist
No word from 3 schools
 
15 applications
11 interview offers
9 interviews attended
1 acceptance
8 still waiting (including 5 Texas schools -- waiting for the Feb. 1 match)
 
Applied to 8 schools, got 7 interviews, went on 6 of them. I currently have 3 acceptances, 1 waitlist and I'm waiting to hear from 2 schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year:

13 secondaries
1 interview = waitlist
1 incomplete for some really odd reason(long story)
5 rejections outright at the last possible minute (jan, feb or march depending on the school's deadline).
5 "on holds" then rejections- yuck.

This year:
1 rejection because I'm not WICHE (my bad).
1 secondary I ended up missing the deadline for because I moved and my mom sent it to my old address, so I guess 2 rejections.
1 interview (yay!).
5 I'm still waiting on, fingers crossed.
 
my status so far:

21 schools sent my AMCAS
17 completed secondaries (at my discretion, no rejections pre-secondary)
7 schools i haven't heard from at all
10 interview invites
8 interviews attended
2 waitlists (1 declined)
1 rejection
4 acceptances

it really does turn out to be a crapshoot, doesn't it?
 
17 applications
1 rejection post-phone interview
4 schools I haven't heard from
12 on-site interview invites
9 interviews attended
3 interviews declined
3 acceptances
1 deferred decision until March
5 waiting to hear from post-interview
 
August MCAT - Submitted stuff a little late (IE october)

15 secondaries submitted
7 interviews (4 complete 3 to go)
1 post secondary rejection (UNC...waste of money as OOS)
0 Acceptances (first chance to hear should be next week...fingers crossed)
6 schools are silent (oddly they are all privates...I've interviewed as an oos at a bunch of state schools)

Hope this helps
 
I'll play: 🙂

20 schools on AMCAS
20 completed secondaries
5 withdrawals after first acceptance
12 interviews offered (1 declined, 8 attended, 3 to go)
4.5 acceptances (1 has a strange acceptance procedure)
2 waitlists
1 post-interview rejection
1 pre-interview "hold"
2 still waiting to hear