Interviews at LECOM bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DMC81 said:
They were OK, Dr. Quinn did most of the talking and Dr. Best kind of just sat there. It was kind of a cold interview, couldn't tell how it went for sure.
Who are you? So I can put a face to a username.

I'm the "old guy" on the corner, to Sam's right during lunch.

Members don't see this ad.

rosepetals said:
Hi there, I actually wanted to know what exactly composes the Diagnostic medical equipment. I called the office and they told me that I would buy what I thought I needed, well I'm not really sure what I need. Maybe you can help me out with this. And also, regarding the text books, what do you recommend? Thanks for any help. :luck:

The Diagnostic medical equipment wasn't even discussed until the last couple of weeks of anatomy.. they will bring in equipment salespeople to show you what they have.. We were given an unofficial list (which I unfortunately do not still have).. if I remember correctly.. it consisted of a stethoscope, and otoscope and a few other things.. I would SERIOUSLY not worry about this until the Clinical Exam profs bring it up.. but make sure and save money in your budget for it...

As far as books.. you only NEED the anatomy, embryology, and histology books to start... I was told, although unofficially, that we will be using Gray's Anatomy for Students for the anatomy book.. Most of the students (myself included) did not care for the Moore book we used last year.. it was wrought with errors...The histology book was Ross.. I have no idea if that's being switched this year... and the Embryology book was Langman's.. again - no clue if it's being switched this year...
You'll also need a good atlas... our photograph atlas was Rohen. It's a good atlas.. I don't know if they're sticking with it this year... but I don't know why they'd switch.. I also recommend Netter's atlas.. BUT.. SOMA last year, in exchange for paying their membership fee, gave students a Netter's atlas. I'd recommend waiting for this.. they did it the first week of school if I remember correctly...Netter's is really indispensible... a lot of the professors use pictures from it (and the Rohen atlas) in their lectures...Netter's also came with a CD-rom with quizzes etc on it... good for studying etc.. plus it was helpful when looking at the cadavres because the pictures were more clear...

You will need to purchase the Clinical Exam book. (it was Mosby's last year).. probably within the first 3 weeks or so...I think I waited longer to purchase mine....(again- you want to wait to find out FOR SURE before you purchase these)...

I'd recommend to find out as early as possible what version of whatever they're using and order used if you can or price-shop around for the best deals...

if there's anything else I can help with.. just let me know.

When do they release our required book list for next year?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a good question. Last year I got ahold of an unofficial list quite a while before school started. I wouldn't be surprised if one came out here pretty soon though. When I talked to Colleen last week she said that quite a few things would be coming in the mail soon.

I will probably see her again within the next 2 weeks.. so I can ask again if we haven't received anything by then.

wish I had more concrete information...sorry about that.
Andrea

scpod said:
I'm the "old guy" on the corner, to Sam's right during lunch.

Hey I remember you!! I interviews on Feb. 8th as Well. John M were you the one from Pcola as well? I was the blonde one on the left side with the hair in a bun... I probably looked nausious all day because I was so nervous. I had the same 2 interviewers as you guys did. Quinn and that other guy... they were quiet, but seemed nice. Have either of you received your letter yet? I guess it is a bit premature... but I'm so worried, I can't wait to get it.
- Meg

megpie111 said:
I probably looked nausious all day because I was so nervous...Have either of you received your letter yet? I guess it is a bit premature...
- Meg

You looked just fine, but you did seem a little queasy that day :laugh: You obviously weren't the only one, though. It's possible that they won't even go out until today, but it would be nice if they went out on Friday instead. They might even be here today or tomorrow. That way the rest of the week won't be so tense. Good Luck!!!!!!!

bebella24 said:
Hey there,

just wondering what your stats were like. I have an interview in a few. Thankx for your help

Overall:3.3
Science: 3.0
MCAT: 30Q (9 PS, 10 BS, 11 V)

Good Luck to you!!