Interviews at NYCOM, LECOM, and NSUCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by laur01, Jan 3, 2002.

1. laur01

laur01 Junior Member

I have interviews at NYCOM (Jan 10), LECOM (Jan 14), and NSUCOM (Feb 1). I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice and any information about your interview experiences at these schools. How did you prepare? Where did you stay? Also I am having trouble getting into NYCOM's website, anybody else having the same trouble? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fozzy40

fozzy40 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    NYCOM is a pretty laid back interview. Basically, they really do want to get to to know you if anything at all. If I were you, I would definitely know why you want to attend NYCOM specifically. While waiting to be interviewed, they give you a supplemental application that has an essay asking you this same question. Interviewfeedback.com is a pretty good site to read up on for other perspectives. Just do a search for the school in question. I stayed @ the HoJo on Jericho Tkpe which wasnt bad. It was about a 15minute cab ride from there. If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to answer them.

I have one question for you though, when did you get notice from LECOM and NSUCOM? Thanks again and take care.

Fred

4. eddoc

eddoc Member
    10+ Year Member

I interviewed at all three schools. They were all pretty laid back. LECOM was my first interview, and I was extremely nervous, but well prepared. interviewfeedback.com was a great resource for this one. I stayed in the motel six, and it was like a 5 minute drive to the school. At Nova, I stayed with a family friend, but most people stayed at the rolling hills hotel I believe, there was a shuttle from there. If you get Dr. Terry, he is one of the founders of the school, don't get nervous, he is not that bad. I totally agree with the previous post about NYCOM, they really want to know why you want to attend their school. Good luck at your interviews!

5. Luca45

Luca45 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey Laur
    I'll see you at the interview at Nova on the 1st...I'm interviewing that day too... and a few days before you for LECOM. Where are you from, and do you know where you are going to stay in FLA? good luck...

6. laur01

laur01 Junior Member

Hi Luca

I am from Baltimore, MD and I am not quite sure where I am staying in Florida yet. Where are you staying? Do you know the area well? Let me know how the LECOM interview goes...best of luck to you!