LECOM Elmira Regional Bias?

Started by OGTX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OGTX

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone. I recently interviewed with LECOM Elmira and received a campus day invite. I am a TX resident and now, in hindsight, I realize I should have researched if the program has regional bias in who they accept. Does anyone know if the program prefers applicants from the eastcoast? Is it worth going to the campus day as someone from TX? TIA.
 
i got in there as NY resident and i recall from when I went to campus day, pretty much everyone was from ny, nj, and little bit elsewhere around, like Ct. their mission is create physicians for the upstate NY region. i think there were some folks from other states but they had at either studied up north or lived there.

accepted students from past year threats for this school on sdn seem to share that they had gone to the Campus Day thing (at least from recollection of mine when I applied some 2 years back).

Look at your position in the application season and assess. I suppose, for myself, if i only had a few interviews, i would go if finances permit, but if i had some more, i'd probably not go. what number is few or more? that's for you to decide. this isn't a clear answer i admit but i hope it helps somewhat