Interviews at SouthEast programs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MtnDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions that I'd love to get some thoughts on...

I have a slew of interviews coming up, and I'm wondering- what important questions do I NOT KNOW to ask? I have questions about number of procedures and types of procedures, call, didactics, ... but what am I leaving out!???!! I want to make sure to really exam any program that I look at to make sure that it is right for me.

Also, to all those folks at the much-loved Greenwood, Rome, etc. programs- how hard is it to match? How many folks apply to your residency? Just wondered! In the end, I only applied to places that I was very serious about, but now I'm thinking... "What if they don't want me?!?!?!" Yi yi yi! What a scary thought!

Well, thanks for the advice in advance! Ya'll have a good week!

Take care!

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently an intern in PA and will just give one small bit of advice. Most programs will tell you what they think you want to hear about procedures in terms of numbers and types. Ask to see the procedure log books for the residents. If it isn't logged, it didn't happen.

MtnDoc said:
Hi All,

I have a couple of questions that I'd love to get some thoughts on...

I have a slew of interviews coming up, and I'm wondering- what important questions do I NOT KNOW to ask? I have questions about number of procedures and types of procedures, call, didactics, ... but what am I leaving out!???!! I want to make sure to really exam any program that I look at to make sure that it is right for me.

Also, to all those folks at the much-loved Greenwood, Rome, etc. programs- how hard is it to match? How many folks apply to your residency? Just wondered! In the end, I only applied to places that I was very serious about, but now I'm thinking... "What if they don't want me?!?!?!" Yi yi yi! What a scary thought!

Well, thanks for the advice in advance! Ya'll have a good week!

Take care!

I'm also interested in anything anyone has to say about the Floyd program in Rome.