Interviews at Temple and Scholl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilikepod

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reading through the threads I can see that these are the two best schools, but I am having a tough time deciding between them. It seems as though the both schools offer good faculty, programs, and facilities. Does anyone know anything else about the schools that can help me with my choice?

Members don't see this ad.

ilikepod said:
Reading through the threads I can see that these are the two best schools, but I am having a tough time deciding between them. It seems as though the both schools offer good faculty, programs, and facilities. Does anyone know anything else about the schools that can help me with my choice?

As a TUSPM grad, I can tell you that Temple offers a sound foundation and intergration with the allopathic medical students on several of the clinical rotations such as Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopedic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, etc... Scholl is also an excellent school as well. My best advice for you is to spend time at each school, talk to the current students, staff, etc... Ultimately, you need to choose a school that you will be happy and comfortable at for the next four years. As mentioned in other posts, if you work hard and do well at school, it really does not matter which school you attend because you will be able to get into a decent residency program. Lastly, you should also look at your support situation. Your friends and family can be a great supportive resource while you attend Podiatry school. If this is important to you, perhaps, you should choose the school that is closest to your family and friends. I hope that this helps. Good luck with your school search. If you have any additional questions about Temple, feel free to ask.

ilikepod said:

Your not including DMU in your analysis of Best schools? The students here have a pass rate of 100% on board as compared to other schools. Maybe you're not interested in the midwest, but DMU is statistical the best school BAR NONE! Come visit you won't be disappointed. It will probably sway your opinion. Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. I think DMU is also a great school, but I am looking for a school in a larger city. I'm from the west coast and I'm eager to see what big cities are like on the east side. I've heard good things about DMU, but I think it's just more of a remote location for me.

My interview for Temple is first, it's coming up in early December. Right now I am leaning to TUSPM just because I get cheaper flights to Philly, the school is in downtown, and it's close to New York. I don't know if I'll get a chance to go to Chicago, but has anyone else been there?... how does it's campus/area/people compare to that of TUSPM?

ilikepod said:
Thanks for the input. I think DMU is also a great school, but I am looking for a school in a larger city. I'm from the west coast and I'm eager to see what big cities are like on the east side. I've heard good things about DMU, but I think it's just more of a remote location for me.

My interview for Temple is first, it's coming up in early December. Right now I am leaning to TUSPM just because I get cheaper flights to Philly, the school is in downtown, and it's close to New York. I don't know if I'll get a chance to go to Chicago, but has anyone else been there?... how does it's campus/area/people compare to that of TUSPM?

Large city? Close to NYC? There is a pod school right in NYC - NYCPM! :idea:

krabmas said:
Large city? Close to NYC? There is a pod school right in NYC - NYCPM! :idea:
Do you truly believe that NYCPM is the best choice for Podiatric medical education? Or, are you one of the following?

a student council drone, administration, on the payroll? My bet is #1.

When I was a student and the President of Students at my school, the advice I gave to prospective students was as follows:

Visit all the schools that you could potentially see yourself attending. Then, based on observation, student opinion, and personal experience, make the most informed choice you possible could. I do not and did not recruit for my pod school, I do and did recruit for my profession. The best thing for me is to be surounded by well trained DPM, not a particular alum. Just as you need an open mind when evaluating a patient, you also need to exercise that open mind when dispensing advice. Better yet, the best advice is supplied by an experienced source.

My opinion....

Footfxr said:
Do you truly believe that NYCPM is the best choice for Podiatric medical education? Or, are you one of the following?

a student council drone, administration, on the payroll? My bet is #1.

When I was a student and the President of Students at my school, the advice I gave to prospective students was as follows:

Visit all the schools that you could potentially see yourself attending. Then, based on observation, student opinion, and personal experience, make the most informed choice you possible could. I do not and did not recruit for my pod school, I do and did recruit for my profession. The best thing for me is to be surounded by well trained DPM, not a particular alum. Just as you need an open mind when evaluating a patient, you also need to exercise that open mind when dispensing advice. Better yet, the best advice is supplied by an experienced source.

My opinion....

I did not tell the poster to go to NYCPM I mentioned that it was in a big city.

I truely believe that you can get a crappy or great education at any of the pod schools. You get out what you put in.

I interviewed at Temple, Scholl, NYCPM and Samuel Merritt. Scholl was the best, to me, in terms of curriculum, location (so pretty), labs, amenities, faculty and board pass rate. Temple was my second choice for the great city of Philly and its outstanding reputation.