This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil_gem19

Reaction score
Hi Future Pods,

I'm looking to rent an apartment near the podiatry campus, currently thinking around Chinatown, Callowhill, University City, or Washington Square West. If anyone else is in the same situation looking to split rent on an apartment please let me know :)

I'll be starting at TUSPM this August and would really love to rent with another pod student so we can share in the struggle together (lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The dorms at the temple campus of podiatry are pretty horrendous, but they are also somewhat cheap I think. Getting an apartment anymore in Philly just sounds miserable, but if you share with a roommate it might be fine. I didn't go to Temple, I just interviewed there. There is probably a dean at your school which has a list of other students trying to find roommates.

Best of Luck.....Not finding an apartment, I mean in the career.

Very much recommend The Warehouse apartments in Philly if you can find a roommate. A little pricier but well worth it in terms of quality of apartments near Chinatown

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Your class will create a groupme closer to the start (~2-3 months before) and you can use that to find roommates.

You can consider 910 cherry st apartment as well…about 1k a month with a roommate and a 2 min walk from tuspm

Reactions: 2 users
Hi Future Pods,

I'm looking to rent an apartment near the podiatry campus, currently thinking around Chinatown, Callowhill, University City, or Washington Square West. If anyone else is in the same situation looking to split rent on an apartment please let me know :)

I'll be starting at TUSPM this August and would really love to rent with another pod student so we can share in the struggle together (lol)
I've been living in pod housing for about 1.5 yrs now. It's really convenient, especially if you manage to snag a single. They're also renovating the building bit by bit.

Many of my classmates choose to live off campus but still close by. During orientation, you'll get to know about different living options. Also, as the school year approaches, keep an eye on GroupMe or FB to network w/ your future classmates as @Treaty of Dorsi previously mentioned.

If you have any questions about TUSPM, feel free to drop a DM. I'd be more than happy to help out.

Congratulations TUSPM Co28!

I've been living in pod housing for about 1.5 yrs now. It's really convenient, especially if you manage to snag a single. They're also renovating the building bit by bit.

Many of my classmates choose to live off campus but still close by. During orientation, you'll get to know about different living options. Also, as the school year approaches, keep an eye on GroupMe or FB to network w/ your future classmates as @Treaty of Dorsi previously mentioned.

If you have any questions about TUSPM, feel free to drop a DM. I'd be more than happy to help out.

Congratulations TUSPM Co28!
Thanks for the help, its been a bit stressful trying to figure stuff out for school.
I decided to just do the podiatry housing this year so I can be close to my classes, meet people, and get a feel for the area before I commit to an off-campus apartment. Even though people have said some negative things about the pod housing, I think it'll be the easiest transition for my first year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.