interviews at UIC (for those who had interviews)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SspeedyS

Apprentice Dentist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering what UIC interviews are like. Also, did anyone have to write an essay?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at UIC a month ago.

You don't have to write an essay.

There are two interviews, each lasting 30 min. Both of these interviews are one-on-one, by two different people.

The interviewer has a list of 20 questions where the interviewer will select about 4 questions. Therefore, everyone will get different questions. The questions are focused on accessing your personality and work habits.

The one question that you definitely will be asked is "why dentistry?"

You will get a tour of the school.

The day ends with a Q&A session with a panel of current d-students.

I thought the day was very well run and the school does a good job of trying to make you feel comfortable.

I interviewed at UIC a month ago.

You don't have to write an essay.

There are two interviews, each lasting 30 min. Both of these interviews are one-on-one, by two different people.

The interviewer has a list of 20 questions where the interviewer will select about 4 questions. Therefore, everyone will get different questions. The questions are focused on accessing your personality and work habits.

The one question that you definitely will be asked is "why dentistry?"

You will get a tour of the school.

The day ends with a Q&A session with a panel of current d-students.

I thought the day was very well run and the school does a good job of trying to make you feel comfortable.

Agreed. Very laid-back, enjoyable day at UIC. Definitely no essay.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree the interview was pretty laid back, both of my interviewers were very nice and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I was also wondering if any one knows when and how UIC will notify us. Do they call on Nov. 30?

They update your AADSAS status page and send a formal letter through snail mail. I honestly don't remember getting an email and I know there wasn't a phone call.

Just check the AADSAS status.

I wouldn't expect to hear until the 3rd of december unless you were told otherwise simply because the 1st is on the weekend and school's are not allowed to spill the beans until dec.

Last year dec 1, fell on friday and my acceptance offer was up by noon.

Be sure to check on the 30th though, school's might accidently put it up early (SIU did last year).

Good luck!

I've heard that by Dec.1st there will be 65 inteviews and also by Dec.1st UIC will accept 60 students, so we are pretty much golden if that is true.

I've heard that by Dec.1st there will be 65 inteviews and also by Dec.1st UIC will accept 60 students, so we are pretty much golden if that is true.

At our interview in Oct, we were told that your status on AADSAS will be updated to one of 4 catagories on Friday Nov 30th (all schools have agreed to this apparently) :

accepted = party:hardy:
denied = bummer:cry:
alternated = wait listed:eek:
no change = deferred to the next committee meeting review:scared:

The numbers we were told were as follows:

65 seats available
60 interviewed prior to Nov 30th
apx 40 seats offered on Nov 30th

Good luck to all of us!