Interviews at UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmMI

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm new at this student doctor network deal. I have an interview at University of Illinois at chicago this Friday and I'm scared! This is my first interview. Has anyone heard anything about UIC interviews??? Also, what am supposed to wear to these inteview things.... suit, etc???? I'd love to hear advice and opinions!!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't had an interview at UIC, but you definitely want to wear a suit...a skirt or pant suit would be suffice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck on Fri, pharmMI! Hopefully we both get in. We'll be classmates! :)
I don't know what to expect either! I'm a little nervous! My interview is on Wed.

And about what to wear, you will never lose with business attire. I just went out today and got a nice business pants suit to wear.

Thanks Chitowngyrl! Good luck to you too! You'll have to let me know how it goes... ;)

Do you happen to know how many people they accept of the 240 interviewed?

I had an interview with UIC today. It went well. Out of the 240 that were selected for an interview, 160 will be given a seat. So, 80 will be put on the alternate list. Just go in there with confidence and charisma and you should do well. I was pretty nervous, but as soon as I walked into the school's lobby, it was time to shine.

I almost forgot.....GOOD LUCK!!:horns:

NGP78,
How do you think you did? Fill us in on the details on what to expect! I am starting to really feel the pressure now. Did they ask any real tough questions. I got the e-mail they sent about the behavioral-based interview, were all the questions like that? What all did the day consist of? Sorry for all the questions! As you can probably tell, the whole interview process is starting to make me freak out. :(

I feel like I did fine. Yea, I was nervous before I got there, but it all went away when I stepped in the lobby. They know that you are nervous, your future is in their hands. Make sure you go over the link that was sent with your confirmation letter. The question are about the same as the ones given in the link. It depends on your interviewer. The interviews are closed file, so your personality plays a big role in the interview. They also want to know how you handle situations and how well you communicate your ideas. The interview starts off in the lobby, and then you go to a classroom and write an essay. You have 25 minutes to write the essay, so be quick and to the point. Make sure your essay follows a logical pattern of thought. The whole point of the day is to prove your ability to communicate effectively. Whether it be in the lobby, the classroom during the essay, or during your interview, they want to know that you are able to communicate your abilities as a student and ulitimately as a pharmacist. After the written essay, you go on to a one to one interview with one of the faculty. I had 4 questions that I had to answer. They were a bit more specific than the ones given in the link, but I answered them in the same way that the link advised. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have when you are given the opportunity. My interview lasted about 40 minutes. Just be yourself, that's what they want to see. If you are a bright, confident, and motivated individual, they will see that. You have to prove that you belong in their school.

Thanks NGP78, that was really helpful. Well tomorrow is the BIG day, so wish me luck! :scared:

You'll do just fine....Good Luck!!:thumbup:

It felt great to decline the interview at UIC. The staff there was so rude, unhelpful, and lazy. It was a huge relief to tell them to kiss off. Good luck to those of you interviewing there. I will miss the Windy City.

just curious, so where are you going instead groo1515?

Well, I had a good experience at UIC. I also found them very friendly. The interview was pretty good too, it was much better than I thought it would be. Anyone that still has one this week, I would just suggest that you go over that link they send and that you feel comfortable talking about your school/work experiences.

Good Luck!

I had my interview today, and I must say that I think I did pretty good. All in all, I felt totally comfortable and the people were really helpful. It was also good to know that a lot of the people who go to U of I with me were there also. So I had people to chat with.

It's so nice to hear all of the interview feedback and that you all feel pretty good! I'm most looking forward to wearing my new suit! :) I hope my interview goes go just as well as all of yours and maybe we'll be classmates in the fall!

Originally posted by NGP78
Out of the 240 that were selected for an interview, 160 will be given a seat. So, 80 will be put on the alternate list.

From what I understood, UIC has 160 seats total. About 37 will be taken by GPPA, which makes it about 120 left for regular admissions.