Interviews at Western Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NWnative

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from NAU, Pacific, Regis or EWU for an interview? Or know when to expect to hear from them? I know its usually mid-Dec through January but I was just hopping to try and get some more specifics... the waiting is horrible.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to all of those except Pacific. I was certainly expecting to hear by now. I was beginning to wonder if I missed something, but I guess we are still just left to wait. This process is definitely proving the virtue of patience.:)

I applied to EWU and Regis, I haven't heard from either. I'm from Spokane so I know the people at EWU pretty well and I'm almost positive they don't even do interviews (at least they didnt last year...) Hopefully we hear back soon though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Regis and haven't heard anything either. On PTCAS it says the interviews will be on January 28th & 31st though so I think we should hear back any day now. Hopefully.

Ya just as a heads up Eastern does have an interview process (I had one last year but never made it off the wait list). Their deadline was earlier this year so I thought maybe we'd hear back sooner. O'well...

On another note, I just got my invitation today for an interview at Regis! WAHOO!

Good luck to you guys! Please keep me posted if you hear from any of the other schools :)

Has anyone heard from NAU, Pacific, Regis or EWU for an interview? Or know when to expect to hear from them? I know its usually mid-Dec through January but I was just hopping to try and get some more specifics... the waiting is horrible.

I received a phone call last week asking me to interview at Pacific in mid February.. They gave me two choices and that was the earliest date.. They notify everyone for interviews by phone so takes a while I guess.

I was also notified today (by email) to interview for Regis. My interview is set for Jan. 28th.

Yeah, I just got an email today for a Regis interview too. January 28th... Congratulations guys.

ooh good luck! I am waitlisted for an interview.

I applied to NAU and I still haven't heard anything from them. I know they only interview on the last two days of February so I am not entirely surprised. Good luck with the interviews at the other schools.

Congrats on the Pacific interview TravelbugPT! Have you heard or know of anoyone else getting an interview there?

I received a phone call last week asking me to interview at Pacific in mid February.. They gave me two choices and that was the earliest date.. They notify everyone for interviews by phone so takes a while I guess.

Pacific University (oregon) or University of the Pacific (CA)?

I thought Pacific in Oregon didn't notify for a while but I got my UOP call last week too...

Does UOP only notify via phone? I've yet to receive a phone call and am still hoping I'll get an interview with them 8( Congrats to those that have received an interview!! 8)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they notify by phone, not 100% sure, but I went to an info session and I think that's what they said. Did you meet the pre reqs? They claimed they interviewed anyone that met pre reqs at the time of applications..

Pretty sure I met all pre-req requirements. I was about 20 pts shy of their verbal GRE score, though I've been told by former UOP students that UOP isn't as strict with the GRE as other schools may be. If I was denied an interview, it could have easily been because of the GRE, though.

Thanks for your reply!! Good luck!

I applied to NAU and I still haven't heard anything from them. I know they only interview on the last two days of February so I am not entirely surprised. Good luck with the interviews at the other schools.
I had applied to NAU for the 2010 class and got an interview earlier this year but the notification for the interview did not come until late January 2010. So.... do not be concerned that you have not yet heard from NAU - it will likely be sometime this month before they contact you one way or the other.

I had applied to NAU for the 2010 class and got an interview earlier this year but the notification for the interview did not come until late January 2010. So.... do not be concerned that you have not yet heard from NAU - it will likely be sometime this month before they contact you one way or the other.

Thank you so much. I figured I wouldn't hear from them until later, but I think they may be a little late now as I have already accepted a spot at U of Miami and I don't know if I will change my mind now. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up going to school?

Does UOP only notify via phone? I've yet to receive a phone call and am still hoping I'll get an interview with them 8( Congrats to those that have received an interview!! 8)

My bad guys.. UOP not pacific lol.. Both my parents are alums at UOP and they call it pacific so I was confused.. And the phone call was kinda weird and we played phone tag for 3 days before I was able to get the interview confirmed.. So hang in there.. I think the holidays and personal phone calls take more time

Pretty sure I met all pre-req requirements. I was about 20 pts shy of their verbal GRE score, though I've been told by former UOP students that UOP isn't as strict with the GRE as other schools may be. If I was denied an interview, it could have easily been because of the GRE, though.

Thanks for your reply!! Good luck!

Hey UOP process is slow and only one person is making the calls so you might want to call them this week.. I played phone tag for 3 days trying to set up my interview... They are super nice and helpful though and if I were you I would call

Thank you so much. I figured I wouldn't hear from them until later, but I think they may be a little late now as I have already accepted a spot at U of Miami and I don't know if I will change my mind now. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up going to school?
The short answer is that I didn't go to any school. I somewhat foolishly only applied to NAU and though I got an interview, I wasn't offered admission for the 2010 class. I've expanded my applications for this year so hopefully, at least one will result in admission.

Little update:

Pacific just sent me an e-mail saying decisions for interviews will be made by 2/4.

Has anybody else received invitations to interview at NAU? I will be going to the one on Feb. 25.

Has anybody else received invitations to interview at NAU? I will be going to the one on Feb. 25.

I heard from NAU a week or so ago and I will be there on the 25th as well. It's takes a lot of pressure off knowing that I have another school to attend even if I blow my interview. Azpt, where else did you apply?

I just applied to all the schools in Arizona.

If you have not received an email from Pacific U yet, I will let you know what they said to me. They had over 500 applications so more time is needed to look over the applications. They said that we would know about interviews by Feb. 4, hopefully I will see you there. Good luck!

Just received an email yesterday saying I got an interview at Pacific for the 26th of Feb. Good luck to all that got interviews and I hope to see you there.

I've heard back from NAU a couple of weeks ago (no interview) and recieved an email from Pacific (Oregon) last night for the Feb. 26th interview date as well!

It went well. The interview consisted of a campus tour, two one-on-one interviews (~20 min. apiece), sitting in on a class/lab, and a meet-and-greet with all of the faculty members. I love everything about that school: faculty, facilities, teaching style, location, campus, etc. If I'm fortunate enough to get accepted I will be accepting the offer... :xf: