-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interviews at Western Schools?
Started by NWnative
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ya just as a heads up Eastern does have an interview process (I had one last year but never made it off the wait list). Their deadline was earlier this year so I thought maybe we'd hear back sooner. O'well...
On another note, I just got my invitation today for an interview at Regis! WAHOO!
Good luck to you guys! Please keep me posted if you hear from any of the other schools 🙂
On another note, I just got my invitation today for an interview at Regis! WAHOO!
Good luck to you guys! Please keep me posted if you hear from any of the other schools 🙂
Has anyone heard from NAU, Pacific, Regis or EWU for an interview? Or know when to expect to hear from them? I know its usually mid-Dec through January but I was just hopping to try and get some more specifics... the waiting is horrible.
I received a phone call last week asking me to interview at Pacific in mid February.. They gave me two choices and that was the earliest date.. They notify everyone for interviews by phone so takes a while I guess.
I received a phone call last week asking me to interview at Pacific in mid February.. They gave me two choices and that was the earliest date.. They notify everyone for interviews by phone so takes a while I guess.
Pacific University (oregon) or University of the Pacific (CA)?
I thought Pacific in Oregon didn't notify for a while but I got my UOP call last week too...
Pretty sure I met all pre-req requirements. I was about 20 pts shy of their verbal GRE score, though I've been told by former UOP students that UOP isn't as strict with the GRE as other schools may be. If I was denied an interview, it could have easily been because of the GRE, though.
Thanks for your reply!! Good luck!
Thanks for your reply!! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had applied to NAU for the 2010 class and got an interview earlier this year but the notification for the interview did not come until late January 2010. So.... do not be concerned that you have not yet heard from NAU - it will likely be sometime this month before they contact you one way or the other.I applied to NAU and I still haven't heard anything from them. I know they only interview on the last two days of February so I am not entirely surprised. Good luck with the interviews at the other schools.
I had applied to NAU for the 2010 class and got an interview earlier this year but the notification for the interview did not come until late January 2010. So.... do not be concerned that you have not yet heard from NAU - it will likely be sometime this month before they contact you one way or the other.
Thank you so much. I figured I wouldn't hear from them until later, but I think they may be a little late now as I have already accepted a spot at U of Miami and I don't know if I will change my mind now. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up going to school?
Does UOP only notify via phone? I've yet to receive a phone call and am still hoping I'll get an interview with them 8( Congrats to those that have received an interview!! 8)
My bad guys.. UOP not pacific lol.. Both my parents are alums at UOP and they call it pacific so I was confused.. And the phone call was kinda weird and we played phone tag for 3 days before I was able to get the interview confirmed.. So hang in there.. I think the holidays and personal phone calls take more time
Pretty sure I met all pre-req requirements. I was about 20 pts shy of their verbal GRE score, though I've been told by former UOP students that UOP isn't as strict with the GRE as other schools may be. If I was denied an interview, it could have easily been because of the GRE, though.
Thanks for your reply!! Good luck!
Hey UOP process is slow and only one person is making the calls so you might want to call them this week.. I played phone tag for 3 days trying to set up my interview... They are super nice and helpful though and if I were you I would call
The short answer is that I didn't go to any school. I somewhat foolishly only applied to NAU and though I got an interview, I wasn't offered admission for the 2010 class. I've expanded my applications for this year so hopefully, at least one will result in admission.Thank you so much. I figured I wouldn't hear from them until later, but I think they may be a little late now as I have already accepted a spot at U of Miami and I don't know if I will change my mind now. If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up going to school?
Has anybody else received invitations to interview at NAU? I will be going to the one on Feb. 25.
I heard from NAU a week or so ago and I will be there on the 25th as well. It's takes a lot of pressure off knowing that I have another school to attend even if I blow my interview. Azpt, where else did you apply?
If you have not received an email from Pacific U yet, I will let you know what they said to me. They had over 500 applications so more time is needed to look over the applications. They said that we would know about interviews by Feb. 4, hopefully I will see you there. Good luck!
Just received an email yesterday saying I got an interview at Pacific for the 26th of Feb. Good luck to all that got interviews and I hope to see you there.
I've heard back from NAU a couple of weeks ago (no interview) and recieved an email from Pacific (Oregon) last night for the Feb. 26th interview date as well!
How did it go bud?I was also notified today (by email) to interview for Regis. My interview is set for Jan. 28th.
It went well. The interview consisted of a campus tour, two one-on-one interviews (~20 min. apiece), sitting in on a class/lab, and a meet-and-greet with all of the faculty members. I love everything about that school: faculty, facilities, teaching style, location, campus, etc. If I'm fortunate enough to get accepted I will be accepting the offer... 

Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K