Interviews done??

Started by navs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

navs

Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I just wanted to know if most of the interviews have gone out already.

Does that mean if you haven't heard from programs by now it is a rejection??

If somebody knows when the "magical" date is when interviews given out is finnished by, I hope u'll let me know.

Thanks.
 
Some residency programs will wait until they receive the dean's letter before they schedule the interviews. I think it varies from field to field. I'm applying to FP programs and have heard from all but one and most of them contacted me early. Hope that helps some.
 
I am applying in OB/GYN and I still have 13 programs to hear from. I have heard from 11. I heard from 9 of them prior to the dean's letter being released. Many of the programs that I have not heard from sent emails saying that they don't offer invitations until after the Dean's letter is released. I was going to give it until Friday and then start calling prgrams.
 
Depends a lot on specialty. Everyone I know
doing primary care have received tons of interviews. Those of us doing more specialized training are still waiting. I know of an ortho app who is 4.0, AOA, 250+ on steps I & II, who is still waiting for his first interview. I am doing RadOnc, I have good numbers and lots of other stuff, I have received one interview. Mostly, though, since these programs interview few applicants, they are in no hurry. You should get rejection e-mails if the program is not interested. I don't know as much about how the process works for PC specialties, but for the others, no news is good news.
Later.