Interviews done??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

navs

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to know if most of the interviews have gone out already.

Does that mean if you haven't heard from programs by now it is a rejection??

If somebody knows when the "magical" date is when interviews given out is finnished by, I hope u'll let me know.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Some residency programs will wait until they receive the dean's letter before they schedule the interviews. I think it varies from field to field. I'm applying to FP programs and have heard from all but one and most of them contacted me early. Hope that helps some.

I am applying in OB/GYN and I still have 13 programs to hear from. I have heard from 11. I heard from 9 of them prior to the dean's letter being released. Many of the programs that I have not heard from sent emails saying that they don't offer invitations until after the Dean's letter is released. I was going to give it until Friday and then start calling prgrams.

Depends a lot on specialty. Everyone I know
doing primary care have received tons of interviews. Those of us doing more specialized training are still waiting. I know of an ortho app who is 4.0, AOA, 250+ on steps I & II, who is still waiting for his first interview. I am doing RadOnc, I have good numbers and lots of other stuff, I have received one interview. Mostly, though, since these programs interview few applicants, they are in no hurry. You should get rejection e-mails if the program is not interested. I don't know as much about how the process works for PC specialties, but for the others, no news is good news.
Later.