Interviews during Thanksgiving Break

Started by connie1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

connie1

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm planning on going to London for Thanksgiving break from Saturday, 11/21 - Saturday, 11/28. I currently have four interviews scheduled late September - early October. I still have 13 schools to hear back from. Will being out of the country for break hurt my potential interviews? Do schools offer a lot of interview slots at this time?

Thanks!
 
Most schools will not schedule interviews for times when faculty are not likely to be available and when student tour guides are off campus. So, Wednesday through Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend are pretty much off the schedule. That brings the number of potential interview days you'd miss down to two. In all likelihood, when invited to interview, you'll be offered several dates and you can work around the London trip. If not, you could, after being invited for interview, explain that you will be unavailable and ask to reschedule. I'd wait and see if lightening strikes and you happen to get an invitation for one of those couple of dates when you can't make it. I'd say, overall, it is rather unlikely to play out that way.