Program-Specific Info / Q's Interviews in Boston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTdevotee

Reaction score
I recently found out that I have received an interview at MGH on December 1st and I'm super excited about it! Hope to see some of you there! In their online info session, MGH had mentioned that they try to align their interview weekend with BU for people who are out of state. Has anyone heard back from BU about their interview date yet? I live in the midwest so I want to wait to book a plane ticket just in case I get an interview at BU.

Members don't see this ad.

I recently found out that I have received an interview at MGH on December 1st and I'm super excited about it! Hope to see some of you there! In their online info session, MGH had mentioned that they try to align their interview weekend with BU for people who are out of state. Has anyone heard back from BU about their interview date yet? I live in the midwest so I want to wait to book a plane ticket just in case I get an interview at BU.
Hey I also have an interview with MGH on 12/1! See you there! Also, anxiously awaiting a response from BU, I expect to hear something soon!

Hey I also have an interview with MGH on 12/1! See you there! Also, anxiously awaiting a response from BU, I expect to hear something soon!
Yay, congrats on your interview! Fingers crossed for both of us hearing back from BU!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats guys! May I ask when you guys applied to MGH? I'm waiting pretty anxiously to hear if I got an interview but I applied right before the deadline.

Congrats guys! May I ask when you guys applied to MGH? I'm waiting pretty anxiously to hear if I got an interview but I applied right before the deadline.
I don't remember the exact date, but it was around mid-August and I heard back last Tuesday!

My application was verified mid-September and I heard back last Friday. Good luck!

Thanks! My application was verified and submitted around mid-September, and I only heard back 2 days ago. Good luck.

I also havent heard from BU, but my application was submitted less than a week ago.

Just heard back from MGH! See you guys on Dec 1st!

Just heard back from BU about interviewing! Super excited!! Anyone else hear back?

I heard back from BU! I'm super excited, but unfortunately I can't make it to campus on that day (Dec 7). Does anyone know if they have any other interview Fridays that I could sign up for? I also could sign up for a virtual timeslot on the 5th and visit campus that day or another day. (I could even ask to do an in person interview on the 5th?) I have an early morning flight to NC to visit my cousins on the 7th taht complicates this really exciting opportunity for definitely one of my top choices. Any advice?

I heard back from BU! I'm super excited, but unfortunately I can't make it to campus on that day (Dec 7). Does anyone know if they have any other interview Fridays that I could sign up for? I also could sign up for a virtual timeslot on the 5th and visit campus that day or another day. (I could even ask to do an in person interview on the 5th?) I have an early morning flight to NC to visit my cousins on the 7th taht complicates this really exciting opportunity for definitely one of my top choices. Any advice?
I mean it definitely doesn't hurt to ask, but how it looks to me is in-person interviews will be held just on that Friday, with the option of doing the virtual interview if you can't make it that day. But it doesn't hurt to communicate with them, explaining your reasoning, and asking if there are other opportunities to tour the campus and labs and stuff!

I also have an interview at BU Dec 7, and have been accepted to Tufts University! Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 users
I also have an interview at BU Dec 7, and have been accepted to Tufts University! Anyone else?
I was just accepted to Tufts as well, I'm so excited!! Unfortunately I had to sign up for the virtual interview at BU because I'll be in Boston the weekend before for MGH and won't be able to commute two weekends in a row. But I'm really hoping I can visit BU and Tufts while I'm there! Is anyone here from the Boston area or has visited any of these three schools? I'd love to hear your initial opinions.

I also have interviews at MGH and BU! I'm so excited. I applied to Tuft's on September 25th, when did you guys apply? Did they email you?

I also have interviews at MGH and BU! I'm so excited. I applied to Tuft's on September 25th, when did you guys apply? Did they email you?
Congrats on your interviews! I applied to Tufts on October 10th or so and they called me to let me know.

I also have an interview at MGH on December 1st!!

Reactions: 1 users
What were everyone's thoughts on MGH and BU after interviewing?

I loved MGH. All the faculty seemed so nice and supportive and the program was great. BU's faculty were great also but I didn't really like the way the whole day was set up. It also seems like a really research focused program. I visited Tufts while I was there this weekend too, the student I met with loved it and said it's a great program, but I was surprised by how small their facilities were.

What were everyone's thoughts on MGH and BU after interviewing?

I loved MGH. All the faculty seemed so nice and supportive and the program was great. BU's faculty were great also but I didn't really like the way the whole day was set up. It also seems like a really research focused program. I visited Tufts while I was there this weekend too, the student I met with loved it and said it's a great program, but I was surprised by how small their facilities were.
Hey, I also really loved MGH! They seem to have a great program and great faculty and everyone was super nice and welcoming. BU I found lacking; no simulation center and the day was just very informal and disorganized. Also, my interviewers were not the most welcoming people and they didnt even try to make me feel comfortable, whereas MGH was literally just a conversation with the other interviewees and the faculty member, which I really liked. I guess I also had very high expectations for BU as it is the #1 school and it was honestly my #1 choice prior to the interview, but that has definitely changed now.