Interviews...just an idea; not sure if it's too risky.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

star2007

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think setting up travel partners for those with interviews at the same school on the same day would be a good idea? Just an idea to cut room and/or rental car cost.

Members don't see this ad.

It would be good if you kind of knew the person. I wouldn't want to stay the night before a big interview when I am freaking out with some stranger. You never know what kinds of habits people get in to. I liked having someone I knew nearby (parent, S.O.), but if they weren't part of the application process, don't bring them to the interview/tour (i.e. your mom).

Members don't see this ad :)
travel partner for me....my mom! but she won't be attending the interviews ;)

that's a great idea but it's difficult to find people you know traveling and interviewing at the same time.

It's very hard to manage to get interviews at the same school at the same time as other people you know...I was never able to at least.

Though randomly one of my friends at MIT met one of my friends from high school and somehow managed to figure out that they both knew me.

Dancing Doctor said:
It would be good if you kind of knew the person. I wouldn't want to stay the night before a big interview when I am freaking out with some stranger. You never know what kinds of habits people get in to.

Especially some of the oddballs on here.

...kidding :smuggrin:

As long as they're not competetive gunners who want to mess with you right before the interview!

Why not just stay with a student (if the school offers this) to cut costs?

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
if its possible... do it. it may be hard to get interviews the same day.
Just don't get Carl Whethers as a travel buddy.

Other than that, I think the OP gots a stew goin.

star2007 said:
Do you think setting up travel partners for those with interviews at the same school on the same day would be a good idea? Just an idea to cut room and/or rental car cost.

I don't know if schools accept people in batches, but you might not want to switch into the same interview batch as someone you know is a star -- it would mean one less spot to be competing for. The opposite would be true if you know they are unadmittable. :laugh:

Law2Doc said:
I don't know if schools accept people in batches, but you might not want to switch into the same interview batch as someone you know is a star -- it would mean one less spot to be competing for. The opposite would be true if you know they are unadmittable. :laugh:

Is that kind of like Jerry Seinfeld's group of people who are undateable?
Isn't that like, 90% of the population?? :laugh: Just reminded me of that for some reason.