interviews-nevada univ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nnr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey ,any one from nevada univ??????
what kind of essay would we be asked for ?Is it sublect related or general?
And the interview really tensed about it.
hey anyone plzzzzz help!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

nevada university?

plzzzzzzz!! hahaha, does no one bother typing correctly anymore?

Do you mean usn? There is no essay (except for a few questions on the application). Look in the "interview feedback" for specific questions that might be asked during your interview. I found this helped me tremendously. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
las vegas university?
sin city university?

There is no "Nevada University" that offers a pharmd. You probably mean University of Southern Nevada (which is a private school btw).

:confused: I am not sure which school you are referring to.

I agree with what was said before. You may wish to check SDN's interview feedback site in order to get a better idea of how to prepare for interviews.

Also, just practice writing essays- grammar and punctuation and the overall form of it matter perhaps as much as the content of ideas, therein.

:confused: I am not sure which school you are referring to.

I agree with what was said before. You may wish to check SDN's interview feedback site in order to get a better idea of how to prepare for interviews.

Also, just practice writing essays- grammar and punctuation and the overall form of it matter perhaps as much as the content of ideas, therein.
hey ,thank you for ur reply.
Imeant university of southern nevada.

Do you mean usn? There is no essay (except for a few questions on the application). Look in the "interview feedback" for specific questions that might be asked during your interview. I found this helped me tremendously. Good luck!
Hey,thank you for ur repiy.
ya i meant USN.Is admission is based entirely on gpa??????
I have pharmacy degree from India do you think i have an edge over others?
sorry for bugging u with questions

I'm applying to USN too, but their application isn't even up yet. On the website, it says they'll be posting it towards the end of this month. You scared me for a moment because you sound like it's been up for months, you've not only submitted your application but received your interview letter already! But to answer your question... I know a girl who got in from last year. I will ask her if she had a hard time during the interview, and if there were any on-the-spot essays to write.

I'm applying to USN too, but their application isn't even up yet. On the website, it says they'll be posting it towards the end of this month. You scared me for a moment because you sound like it's been up for months, you've not only submitted your application but received your interview letter already! But to answer your question... I know a girl who got in from last year. I will ask her if she had a hard time during the interview, and if there were any on-the-spot essays to write.
hey ,I Didnt submitt anything till now .
I was just asking out of curiosity to know things.
plz let me know the details .

Hey,thank you for ur repiy.
ya i meant USN.Is admission is based entirely on gpa??????
I have pharmacy degree from India do you think i have an edge over others?
sorry for bugging u with questions

Admission at usn is not entirely based on gpa; the interview counts in a large way as well. I'm not sure exactly how the fact that you have a pharmacy degree will help you, but I think that it would have to be an advantage (sorry I can't be of more help in that area).

Members don't see this ad :)
Admission at usn is not entirely based on gpa; the interview counts in a large way as well. I'm not sure exactly how the fact that you have a pharmacy degree will help you, but I think that it would have to be an advantage (sorry I can't be of more help in that area).
hey thankyou!!!
If dont mind me asking which year of ur pharmD program ru in?
which campus do u prefer utah or henderson?

hey thankyou!!!
If dont mind me asking which year of ur pharmD program ru in?
which campus do u prefer utah or henderson?

I just started this fall. I have only been to the Henderson campus. I've lived in Henderson for two years, so I was so glad to be accepted there; it would have sucked to have to move to Utah! It seems as though the Henderson campus is a more popular choice; however, it just depends on what is right for you (South Jordan is a smaller town, the campus is newer, things like that you may want to take into consideration). Also, the Utah campus has a much smaller class size, although I heard they are hoping to expand it next year (I think each year they are hoping to take more students... I don't know if that's the same with the Henderson... although if they do--I hope they solve the parking problem!!!:))

PiYi or to those who's in the PharmD program at USN,

What was your GPA when you got in? How's the student's life there?
What do you like and dislike about USN? How old are most of the students?
How are the teachers, students, and the classes there?

I got a 3.48 Science GPA. I'm very worried though.

Thanks for your help! :oops:
Eve

PiYi or to those who's in the PharmD program at USN,

What was your GPA when you got in? How's the student's life there?
What do you like and dislike about USN? How old are most of the students?
How are the teachers, students, and the classes there?

I got a 3.48 Science GPA. I'm very worried though.

Thanks for your help! :oops:
Eve

My gpa is 3.9 overall and 4.0 science. But don't be too worried about your gpa-- 3.7 is the average gpa, so its not like they only accept students with 4.0 gpa.

I really enjoy the student life here--there are things that you can join, and there are some clubs that like to help students out with studying/assessments and things like that. There are opportunities for going out and socializing, but if you are more into studying like me, then you still don't feel out of place.

I really like the block system usn has-- I like how you can concentrate on only a few subjects at a time and then you don't have to worry too much about it after you are tested on it (well, you still have to understand it, but as long as you have a solid understanding of what was covered you can still move on without having to worry about an instructor nit-picking on stuff learned months previously).

I don't like how you have to get a 90% on every assessment--talk about stress!

There are a lot of older students in my class. In fact, I'd say the mid-age is maybe around late twenties or even thirty. But everyone gets along, its not like the older students are ostracized or anything like that. In fact, I even forget that they're older, they all kind of blend in to me. A lot of them have families. A lot of the friends/people I talk to in my class have families.

The instructors are really, really nice; they are real easy to talk to (at least everyone I've had so far). They really want to help you (although there is at least one that likes to be tricky; but he's still really nice and his lectures are one of the more entertaining ones).

The students are quite friendly. I don't have any problems going up and talking to most of them; most are easy to get along with (at least all the ones I've talked to so far). The classes are pretty interesting for the most part. I think they really try to get to the heart of the material and try not to overload you with superfluous information, which is nice. Some of the things you'll learn, you might be thinking, "am I really going to need this?" But I have a feeling that some other schools go into way more detail than usn (but I have no proof of that). But you do have to do a lot of studying to pass the exams. There is no "easy" material so far (at least in my opinion).

Ok, well, I hope that helps. I'm always open to questions. I'm only in my first month at this school, so my opinions may change later on of course; but this is what I feel now at least.

Piyi,

Can you share your background in terms of education? Did you get a bachelor's degree before you apply and from which school? What's the largest minority group there? I was just wondering because I'm a bit worried about not getting in.

Thanks.

Piyi,

Can you share your background in terms of education? Did you get a bachelor's degree before you apply and from which school? What's the largest minority group there? I was just wondering because I'm a bit worried about not getting in.

Thanks.

I have a B.A. in Telecommunications from Indiana University. I had it before I applied. I took about half of my pre-requisites from this university; most of the rest I took at a community college. Largest minority group.... well, there seems to be quite a bit of asians there, but there are just a lot of students from so many different backgrounds. That is something I really like about usn; I really don't think they gravitate toward any one minority/majority or what have you.

I would just apply-- you will never know what will happen if you do not try. I just applied on a whim because I had so many pre-reqs to finish, I thought that would be a problem. I also thought that I would not do well on the interview. But your gpa is not bad at all. I wouldn't be all that worried about it.

My gpa is 3.9 overall and 4.0 science. But don't be too worried about your gpa-- 3.7 is the average gpa, so its not like they only accept students with 4.0 gpa.

I really enjoy the student life here--there are things that you can join, and there are some clubs that like to help students out with studying/assessments and things like that. There are opportunities for going out and socializing, but if you are more into studying like me, then you still don't feel out of place.

I really like the block system usn has-- I like how you can concentrate on only a few subjects at a time and then you don't have to worry too much about it after you are tested on it (well, you still have to understand it, but as long as you have a solid understanding of what was covered you can still move on without having to worry about an instructor nit-picking on stuff learned months previously).

I don't like how you have to get a 90% on every assessment--talk about stress!

There are a lot of older students in my class. In fact, I'd say the mid-age is maybe around late twenties or even thirty. But everyone gets along, its not like the older students are ostracized or anything like that. In fact, I even forget that they're older, they all kind of blend in to me. A lot of them have families. A lot of the friends/people I talk to in my class have families.

The instructors are really, really nice; they are real easy to talk to (at least everyone I've had so far). They really want to help you (although there is at least one that likes to be tricky; but he's still really nice and his lectures are one of the more entertaining ones).

The students are quite friendly. I don't have any problems going up and talking to most of them; most are easy to get along with (at least all the ones I've talked to so far). The classes are pretty interesting for the most part. I think they really try to get to the heart of the material and try not to overload you with superfluous information, which is nice. Some of the things you'll learn, you might be thinking, "am I really going to need this?" But I have a feeling that some other schools go into way more detail than usn (but I have no proof of that). But you do have to do a lot of studying to pass the exams. There is no "easy" material so far (at least in my opinion).

Ok, well, I hope that helps. I'm always open to questions. I'm only in my first month at this school, so my opinions may change later on of course; but this is what I feel now at least.
hey thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!
its really nice readind ur mess at some moment really i felt that got into univ
hope i would really get in to this univ
which course did u do prior to pharmD Prog?
Do think you fee higher in this univ than others?
THANK U ONCE AGAIN!!!

which course did u do prior to pharmD Prog?

Well, I just got a B.A. in Telecommunications which has like nothing to do with any sciences (it's just what I was closest to finishing when I wanted to get done with school). Then, I just took the prerequisites for pharmacy school right before the pharmD program.

Do think you fee higher in this univ than others?

Yeah, I actually do think this university is pretty expensive (~35,000 per year!!)

Thanks for the encouragment and tip PiYi! You are a very nice person!
Well, I was surprised to find that you were from Indiana because I'm from the midwest too in Chicago though. I want to get out of this cold windy and snowy city to the west coast where it's almost sunny all year round. :laugh:

Well, good luck to you and maybe we will meet when I get in. :idea:

Piyi,

I'm working on my application to USN. Can you tell me on the offer of admission from: Is it easier to get in the school if I put 'either Henderson, Nevada or South Jordan' or it doesn't matter what I put because they both
weighted equally to get admitted?

I'm confused. I want to get in, but I don't like Utah. If I don't have a choice of Nevada, I still want to get in.

What do you think and let me know your thoughts and experience?

Thanks buddy!
Eve

Piyi,

I'm working on my application to USN. Can you tell me on the offer of admission from: Is it easier to get in the school if I put 'either Henderson, Nevada or South Jordan' or it doesn't matter what I put because they both
weighted equally to get admitted?

I'm confused. I want to get in, but I don't like Utah. If I don't have a choice of Nevada, I still want to get in.

What do you think and let me know your thoughts and experience?

Thanks buddy!
Eve

Hey, sorry--I was studying all week (or two weeks? I've lost count).

It does not matter if you put utah or nevada. If you don't like utah then put nevada. When nevada spaces fill up, they will put you on a wait list if that's applicable to your situation. If utah is still open, they will ask you if you want to go there. Actually, I'm almost positive that you can hold a spot in utah and be on the waitlist for henderson. But, since I've never done that, I'm not 100% sure that is true.