[Interviews] Pros and Cons on these Dental School Advice pls!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

share2018

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently received interviews from UPenn, Stony Brook, Maryland, VCU, and UCSF dental schools.

These interview invitations happened so fast..

Could you guys give me some inputs regarding pros and cons of these dental schools?

I am a Virginia resident. I want to hear some goods and bads about these schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm a Virginia resident as well and got into UPenn, VCU, and some others. I think your first priority should be cost, student loans are no joke. Although I LOVED UPenn, I couldn't justify the price for the ivy name. If you're considering it because you want to specialize, you can specialize from anywhere and I'm sure with schools like those you'll be near top of your class anyways, For Maryland, I hate Baltimore so I didn't even apply. It's a great school, but nothing you can't get from VCU. I have no clue about UCSF but I'm sure the price also doesn't compare to VCU's. Also I would consider where you want to practice and the licensures/boards that go with it. and Stony Brook is an amazing school! You can apply for in-state after a year I'm pretty sure. I never applied and don't know much about it but I would say that VCU and Stony Brook should be your top. I would consider location for each school too and where you feel comfortable.
I decided on VCU for next year so message me if you have any questions!