interviews so far!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CONGRATS KAPPAPIOMEGA!!! way to go. maybe i'll see you there. i would also like to know stats of those interviewed and accepted.

AVONLEA-i probably will reschedule my AZ interview as well, b/c i bought plane tix to fly from phoenix to philly sunday night and my airline doesn't fly from phoenix to kansis city. so i can either buy more tix from phx to kansis city and never use my original return tickets, or else i need to reschedule the UHS interview. this is getting stressful, and VERY expensive. yikes.

any suggestions?? do anyone know any other days UHS offers interviews before i call and reschedule? i wonder when PCOM, CCOM, NOVA, etc will offer interviews to people?? i'd really like to know in case they're all going to be the same week for me, if at all.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone heard anything recently from NYCOM? Guess they are slower than the rest.

I have an interview set up for WVSOM on Sep. 23rd, anyone else going on that date?

Anyone hear from NECOM?:)

Members don't see this ad :)
hip hip horray!

interview at PCOM monday sept 30th!!

anyone else going that day or earlier??

good luck to everyone, can't wait to meet you guys!

;)

Ok, for those of you that found the AZCOM and UHS interviews too close for comfort I have good news: talked to UHS and they have other days that you can interview.

The first round interview dates (other than 9/23) are:
9/25, 10/7, 10/9, and 10/14. They told me that some people try to schedule DMU, KCOM, and UHS in one interview lump so they don't have to keep on flying out. $$$!!

I also got an interview at PCOM for October 1 :D

Mello, my interview for WVSOM is the 25th

Mello and BradMcC17,

My interview for WVSOM is on Sept. 12th. I'll let you guys know how it goes soon! Keep our heads high, shall we? :)

Good luck,

:cool:

P.S. I am driving just b/c it is so close to Sept. 11th (you can think of me as chicken ...ca...ottt....ca...ottt) + I save some bug to get nicer hotel...Where are you guys staying at?

I did a little research and I found that you can find hotels cheaper than the what the med schools have estimated for us by going to the hotel's webpage and reserving there.

For example:

AZCOM estimated the Wyndham Garden to be $62-80. Since they have free shuttle service I really wanted to stay there, so I found it on the Wyndam website for $54 and reserved there! When I called the hotel, the quoted me $80 (even with the midwestern discount). Crazy huh? I had no idea how much hotels can rip you off!:eek:

Hey everyone....
I was wondering if anyone has heard from (or even appllied to) KCOM. I noticed they have not been mentioned yet, but was wondering when they start responding with interview invites.

For 2003...

Applied: OUCOM, DMU
Interviewed: OUCOM..haven't heard from DMU yet
Accepted: OUCOM

Atlas,
Congrats on the acceptance to OUCOM.

Congrats ATLAS!! Gosh, I sure wish I was accepted already....would be nice just to relax for the rest of the year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank for the support. I appreciate it! I wish you guys good luck with your up-coming interviews. Best wishes!

I have some information I think some of you may be interested in. Now I know someone is going to post a reply saying that I am wrong, but this is coming straight from the admission office at UHS. I asked one of the counselors, honestly when all of the numbers are crunched how many interviewies receive admission. Direct quote "about eighty percent of those applicants that recieve an interview will be accepted, we generally accept about 350 applicants because we know that some will choose to go to another school." I hope that this gives some of you a little comfort. If you don't think this is correct you are welcome to call the admission office they are very nice.

P.S. I have great numbers and E.C. but Aug was the first time I took the MCAT, so I am waiting for those d*#^% scores. Make sure all of you with september interviews save me a seat.

hope this helps

No one will disagree with you. Those numbers are right on for UHS as well as others like DMU.

does anyone know the percentage acceptance after interview for the rest of the schools like PCOM,NYCOM,LECOM,NOVA, and KCOM....

I would also like to know this information...

Can anyone help us !?!?!?

ponder.gif

I just got an invitation to interview at UHS. :)

Congrats Nugirl!!

And good luck!!!

Thank you so much Kappapiomega! I wish you luck this year too! :)

I just got an interview to AZCOM!! I am soo excited to get an interview to this school because if I get in then it will only be a days drive from my family!! Does anybody know the stats on AZCOM interviewees V.S. acceptances? Any info would be great!!

Kappa

Congratulations Kappa!!!!!! :clap: What day are you interviewing?

Very Cool Kappa!! I will be there on the 25th of September. I would also love to hear some interview "stats" on AZCOM.

I already scheduled my interview at DMU for the 26th, and bought my airline ticket! So now I have to wait to interview at AZCOM on OCT 11th. You all better save a spot for me!! HAHA
Anyways, I am just happy to be in the game at this point and pray for an acceptance to one of them.

Kappa

Got an interview from UNECOM this weekend.

Congrats Avonlea! :)

Was the invitation by mail?

congrats avonlea!!! when do you plan to go?

i also received their invitation letter. mine is for oct 5th (saturday??), strange i think. normally it would be GREAT b/c i could drive, but i have plans that weekend, so i need to reschedule, anyone offered any other dates so far at UNECOM?

nugirl-invitation by mail.

I have my UNECOM on Oct. 19th.

CONGRATS AVONLEA AND TIGERLILY!

LECOM Oct 7th and NOVA Sept 30th. too bad i need to reschedule both due to Touro and PCOM. oh well. couldn't NOVA have offered their interviews sooner to give us more time to plan and get cheaper airline tix? guess they know we'll take the necessary actions if it's a school we're VERY interested in. has anyone else been offered dates other than Sept 30th for NOVA,,,it is one of my top choices, so i don't want to push it off tooooo far.

anyone heard from CCOM???? what takes some schools so much longer than others??

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :p

Hey Tigerlily,

Congrats again on the interviews! You're going to be extremely busy in the next two weeks, but busy in a good way. ;)

CCOM doesn't start interviewing till Oct. I believe that the first interview date last year was on the 18th or so. I heard that they start to send out invites (some people got a phone call though) at the end of sept/early oct. They seem to be one of the only schools that people have yet to hear from. Good luck! I hope u get an interview from them soon! :)

Tigerlilly,
Just got an invite from NOVA for October 4th. :) I'm so excited since my parents and sister live 10 minutes away from the school, would be nice to relocate and have the kids around their grandparents and cousins!!! Good luck to you 9/30!!

AZCOM: 9/26
TUCOM: 10/28
COMP: 10/29

Still waiting for a date from LECOM. Congrats everyone on interviews so far. I know others will follow - it's still pretty early.

- Tae

Hey group, I have an interview at UHS on October 7th. Anybody else going to be there? :)

thanks NUgirl.

congrats lusitania!!

congrats Racoon155, i'll be there sept 23rd...yikes!

congrats tkim6599!

anyone gonna be at:

AZCOM sept 20th
UHS sept 23rd
UDMNJ Sept 26th

unfortunately i cannot attend NOVA on their offered date due to PCOM interview, so i had to push NOVA all the way back until Oct 14th (2 full weeks). does anyone know how bad this looks? or hopefully not too bad???

i also need to reschedule UNECOM for a date other than Oct 5th,,,anyone have any other offers besides Oct 19th?

thanks everyone. good luck...things are really moving now! keep smiling, and most of all, keep partying and enjoying your lives...let's not let these interviews tire us!!!

:p :p :p ;) ;) ;)

Yea Tigerlily! It looks like we will meet in person. I'll be at AZCOM on the 20th for the interview.

As for a mid oct interview, that is still REALLY early! You'll be fine. :)

i'm interviewing at UMDNJ-SOM on 9/20. Anyone else??

OMG! I just got an interview at UHS on October 7th!

I'm shocked considering my crappy MCAT score! Oh well! I'm flying in from Ohio on October 6th and I'm staying at the Doubletree until October 8th.

interview at kirksville, kinda strange they tell you to call to schedule it,,,no clue as to what dates offered???

anyone know anything about this school other than the fact that they were the 'original DO school', and other then their OMM taken soooo seriously??

any ideas/opinions about their reputation, clinical years, residency programs, and board pass rates? i've requested information to be sent many times,,,but i've only gotten a few simple pamphlets, nothing much at all.

probably won't go b/c i already committed to way too many schools that i THINK i'd rather attend (primarily for location reasons)

any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated as i think this school has much more to offer then i am aware of (according to DO i am shadowing at least, although he didn't know much he said)

thanks everyone and best wishes to all of you!

:p

Adding NOVA 9/30 <- gotta reschedule since I'll be flying back from AZ that day. Still waiting for LECOM, they say info's on the way ...

- Tae

Just got an interview date for Western COMP today for 9/24. Anyone else going on that date? Good luck all

Got KCOM yesterday! They are offering M, Th, F interviews starting from Oct. 3. Have a good day all!

Hey. I FINALLY can get into the system after many many months!

Here are my interview dates:

AZCOM : 9/27 ( Friday)
TUCOM : 11/4 (Monday)

Anyone interviewing on those dates? I am really excited.

NOVA: 10/11
LECOM: ????

Just got off the phone with NOVA - the person I spoke to seemed very nice!

Just want to warn people to book flights as quickly as possible. I was just about to pay for this Ft. Lauderdale flight when Expedia came back with "this price has changed" and added $15 to the total. I was pissed, and went to Orbitz, but they no longer listed the flight I wanted at all! So I went back and bought the tix right away.

Good luck everyone!

- Tae

See you on the 26th Tae!!!

Yeah! Great list of questions! Thanks!

HE HE! Look, I'm WANTED now..... :laugh: