interviews so far!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigerlily

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
thought we all might want to start a list of who has received interviews so far and where, b/c i was quite surprised and unprepared to have offers this soon (at Touro and Des Moines)! also, has anyone received a secondary from Pikeville?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an email for an interview invitation from DMU. Any one knows how the interview goes from DMU? Also, I don't know why I do not receive any thing from Pikesville and WVSOM; I hope they are not the "lost paradise".

:rolleyes:

wow! you guys got interview offers already!?!?...when did you submit your primary/secondary applications?? Just curious..thanks, Spunky :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my secondary in the beginning of July; hope that helps!:) I think it's great to apply early.

Congrats for getting interviews so early! :clap: :D

i sent my aacomas may 23rd and my 2nd app for dmu end of june and 2nd app for touro mid-july. best of luck to everyone, we are on our way to becoming doctors.

I just got my Touro interview request too, yay :clap: Got put on "hold" for des moines. My apps were sent on 6/20. Good luck to everyone!

Way to go, Avonlea!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Get drunken tonight :oops:, but don't forget to be prepared tomorrow...:laugh:

Early interviews are a great sign! Good Luck everyone!

Interviews already. Great.

I spent 3 years interviewing. I look at all of your fresh faces with your excitement over your first interviews. I sure do remember those feelings. It's fantastic, and it only gets better when you get that first acceptance. Don't get discouraged if you don't hear favorably from your early interviews. I was in NYCOM's first interview slot, and they waitlisted me. I said to heck with them anyway, but it was kind of sad at the time.

Make sure you let us know where you get your acceptances. We're rooting for you. Remember, if it doesn't work out this year, improve yourself and reapply! Sometimes it takes more than one try. Sometimes it takes a few, as in my case.

HI all, I got a desmoine interview as well. I wish ou best of lck. When are your dates for the interview? Mine is the first friday of Sept. Maybe I will see come of you there and good luck.

HI all, I got a desmoine interview as well. I wish ou best of lck. When are your dates for the interview? Mine is the first friday of Sept. Maybe I will see come of you there and good luck.

hi, Osteopeddoc

I will definitely see you because mine is on that same friday (September 6th) which is 5 days before September 11th ;) They probably ask us questions regarding that Sept. 11th, don't you think?

See you soon!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey loserdude, osteopedoc

I sent out my app about a week ago. I also applied to DMU. If you guys don't mind :idea: could you post your stats. I know stats alone don't mean much but it would be nice to know if I have a chance at an interview there.

Kumar28,

I just PM you regarding my stats, hope it will help you...

Good luck :cool:

Yes, actually I spoke with someone in the admissions office and they are late with sending out their secondary applications.

Has anyone received a CCOM secondary? I've received all other secondaries but CCOM. Are they being slow to the punch or did I not cut their screening?

Hi everyone,

osteopeddoc and looserdude, i'm so excited, my interview is friday sept 6th as well. i wonder what the interview will be like. what are our chances of acceptance? i thought someone said they accept 80% of those they interview!!!! i am from PA, wondering what, if any, influence that will have. i will surely see you guys there, where are you staying?

;)

hi, tigerlily

You know what? My wife is even more excited than me!!! By the way, I am a short "yellow skin" guy from New Hampshire. We're going to stay in Clarion Hotel (2 stars) on Hickman Road in West Des Moines (which is less than 10 minutes drive unless there are some cows on the way) for $40/night with a swimming pool, can't beat that huh:laugh:

Congratulation to you and good luck! Oop...forget to tell you not to get lost and to know the name of the dean at least...

:clap: :clap:

P.S. I don't think you should be worried that you are from PA because they want to steal you from PCOM and LECOM; as you know, they invite you for early interview!!!:p :D :p

Hi, for all of you who have gotten interviews so far....would you mind posting your GPA and MCAT scores??

I'll be lookin for you looserdude-It is exciting isn't it? I haven't reserved hotels yet, I am from Florida.I saw a post from someone else saying not to stay downtown. Does anyone know why? I was going to stay at the Hotel Savery in downtown since it seems convienent with the shuttle to school and airport.

I also would like to know the % of acceptances out of interviews. I know desmoines interviews roughly 50% of applicants who recieve seccondaries.

Avonlea, did you say you already interviewed at des moines, and were put on hold-like a waiting list??

"Has anyone received a CCOM secondary? I've received all other secondaries but CCOM. Are they being slow to the punch or did I not cut their screening?"

-Yes, I did get their secondary. Yoou should be getting yours soon, since they seemed pretty prompt about sending them out.

Just got called for LECOM, but it's a bit of a special circumstance, since I filed late last year and they ran out of interview spots. They called for this year when they found out I reapplied - waaaaay early this time.

There's one for applying freaking early!

- Tae

I received an invitation for an interview from TUCOM. I have scheduled it for Monday August 19. Anyone else going at this time?

Justin

I didn't get an interview for DMU. The "hold" is for putting my secondary app in a pile to be reconsidered for a interview later. But on the flip side, I just got a interview from AZCOM today :eek: :cool: ! I don't know the % acceptances for AZCOM, but Dr. Haight from TUCOM mentioned that they get around 4000 apps, 2000 get secondaries, 1500 secondaries get turned in, 400 get interviewed for around 125 spots. These are general numbers he mentioned when he came to recruit at my school. ;)

hey einey,
My primary got sent out 6/20 (the first day AACOMAS starting sending it out). Received AZCOM secondary 7/1 and they received everything back by 7/15. I think everyone who got interviews so far had the same timelines because we've been offered the same days to interview. Hope this helps!

Hi everyone! has anyone heard from any schools other than AZCOM, DMU, and TUCOM about interviews yet? shouldn't we hear this week or next since interviews start in August/September at most schools? just curious!!! everyone get excited and keep your heads high. and,,,the interview website was back up the other day in case anyone tried to get onto it when it was down these past few months. hopefully it's still up. BEST WISHES and KEEP SMILING! ;)

einey,
What day is your interview?

Way to go, Einey :clap: :clap: :clap: !

I did not apply to TUCOM but I know TUCOM also screens carefully; so it's a very good sign! I am sure you will receive some more coming up...

"If Yan can cook, so can you" :laugh:

:cool:

I just got an interview at AZCOM. :)

Mohody,

My interview is on Oct 14, let us know how your interview goes on Aug 19th.

Hey, Loserdude, thanks for the kind words. The interview invitiation feels sooo good!!!!

What have you heard lately?

hey all,

i was in your position last year, and after much thinking, i decided to become a first year at dmu! :) i would love to meet some of you interviewing at dmu. we just finished our first week and have a biochem test next wednesday, but so far i am having a blast. i'll stop by the admissions office on september 5th. don't sweat the interview. dmu was also my first, but i felt like they were more interested in me as a person rather than my stats. well, hope to see you all at dmu!

kimberlee

Hi,

I received an interview for AZCOM today. I go Sept 27th. I am sooo happy!!!

Hi, Einey

I jump on the air 5 times for you, how about that? Please don't think I am a psychic...? :laugh:
Next time you have another interview, tell us asap so that I can arrange the interview to meet you,...otherwise, I can only see you in my dream. Oh, did you get down yet or still in the air?
:laugh:

Congrats again.

:cool:
P.S. As interview gets closer, my sweating gets more salty? How about you guys? :)

Got an interview at TUCOM today. I am still waiting to schedule it. Good luck to all.

When did you guys submit your AACOMAS application? Just curious....

Fred

Just got offered an interview at WVSOM. Now I just gotta find out a good day to do it. :D

BRAD -- Congrats on WVSOM!! :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS BradMcC17!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO! when do you plan to interview at WV?? best wishes. let us know how it goes!

hello all,
Just got a interview request at UHS in the mail today. Sent out my secondary to them 7/10. The letter came with a large booklet about the school. I'm impressed!

Avonlea, Congrats on the UHS interview!!!!! :clap: When do you plan to go? Keep us updated, best wishes! :laugh:

Got an interview at UMDNJ-SOM! :D :D :D

Congrats Avonlea, I got an interview at UHS also. I won't be there on the 23rd, but later on. Good luck. Anyone else with UHS interview? I wonder what the next available interview date is?

congrats shreebee and osteopeddoc. :clap: :p :D

YAY i'm so excited for you guys, sounds like i'll meet some of you on the 23rd at UHS! i also just got an interview offer from UHS and UMDNJ-SOM. i was also quite impressed by the fancy book from UHS.

is anyone else getting nervous about interview dates that are the same from more than one school? any suggestions what to do? it hasn't happened to me yet, but i'm thinking most schools start interviews the 3rd and 4th week of september,,and we'll be all across the country for them??

hey Tigerlily,
Looks like we're both stuck with the conflicting AZCOM and UHS interview dates. I'm going to try and reschedule for UHS, since I've already bought my tickets to AZ. I wonder why they didn't give us a few dates to choose from instead.

Congrats on UMDNJ!! I heard it has a really small class so you can get lots of personal attention. UHS has a class size of 250!! So does NYCOM. The pics in the UHS catalog of the large class is a bit disappointing. It reminds me of my 400 person chem lectures. Hmm.

congrats Sheebree (for UMDNJ) , SoCal(TUCOM), Brad (WV)!! :clap: :clap:

Hey all!!
I just got an interview for UHS today too!!
I will be there on the 23rd of Sep. as well. Does anybody know the stats on how many people get accepted who get interiewed?
Congratulations and I will see you all there!

Vanessa

Thanks everyone! You guys are awesome!