interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saradal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has started getting interviews. I got one last week but haven't heard anything since.

Members don't see this ad.

saradal said:
Just wondering if anyone has started getting interviews. I got one last week but haven't heard anything since.

I have heard from University of Rochester.

I got one from Einstein so far...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have only heard from Robert Wood Johnson (UMDNJ) in Jersey.

I've heard from University of Washington and Maine Medical Center. And my transcript isn't out yet because I still don't have my IM clerkship grade from a year ago (arrgh!); just goes to illustrate the randomness of the whole application process.

i have heard from unc, emory and university of cincinnati. Alina- did university of washington email you?

DrIng said:
I have heard from University of Rochester.

DrIng
let me know if you want any info about roch - i'm currently a 4th year at u of r and grew up here.
ahsa

prominence said:
which einstein? the one in the bronx, NY?

yeah - the bronx - didn't apply to the phili one

Does anyone know anything about Hopkins? I decided to apply there on a whim and just got an interview invitation; while the 6 months of medicine sounds like a good idea, Q2 call on ICU is insane. Are they serious? Is that even legal now? These don't seem like the kinds of questions to ask during an interview, but if they really do the Q2 call, I don't want to go there and would rather not waste the time and money on interviewing. The medicine rotations are all at Bayview, which is supposed to be the "kinder, gentler" side of Hopkins. Thanks.

joteror said:
I have only heard from Robert Wood Johnson (UMDNJ) in Jersey.

has your school sent in your transcript yet? are all ur recommendation letters in yet? i applied here also, and am still waiting for an interview. also, are u referring to UMDNJ in Piscataway or Camden?

prominence said:
has your school sent in your transcript yet? are all ur recommendation letters in yet? i applied here also, and am still waiting for an interview. also, are u referring to UMDNJ in Piscataway or Camden?
I am referring to UMDNJ in Piscataway. I didn't apply to the Camden progam. Can you say Piscataway 3 times really fast? I know they start interviews at the end of October. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone get interviews offers from any programs not listed above?

prominence said:
anyone get interviews offers from any programs not listed above?

I've received interviews from Emory, MCW, UTSW, Hopkins, U of Washington, U of Maryland, and UVA.

fpsych said:
I've received interviews from Emory, MCW, UTSW, Hopkins, U of Washington, U of Maryland, and UVA.

Congratulations on your interviews FPsych. My school has just sent out my transcript, and so I'm waiting for ECFMG to upload it.

If you dont mind sharing, I was just wondering when U of Maryland and U of Virginia sent your interview invitations.

Also, which U of Virginia are u referring to, the Charlotesville campus or Roanoke campus?

Good luck.

Albert Einstein (Bronx), Mt. Sinai, Albert Einstein (Long Island/Jewish)

I have recently received interview invitations from Univ of Rochester, U of Virginia, Dartmouth, and UConn.

I have interviews at einstein (bronx) and mt. sinai

submitted ERAS early this morning; received invite for UNC this afternoon.

Charlotesville,
U of Maryland and UVA took about two weeks to offer interviews.

prominence said:
Congratulations on your interviews FPsych. My school has just sent out my transcript, and so I'm waiting for ECFMG to upload it.

If you dont mind sharing, I was just wondering when U of Maryland and U of Virginia sent your interview invitations.

Also, which U of Virginia are u referring to, the Charlotesville campus or Roanoke campus?

Good luck.

Just received invites for Wash U, Emory, and U. Cincinnatti.

Interesting how certain schools opt for the early-invite strategy...

Also received invites yesterday for Einstein and UMichigan.

received another interview for Jefferson...

Hopkins, UMiami, LIJ, UVa yesterday

i have heard from hopkins, u washington, miami, jefferson, maryland, unc and emory. has anyone heard from boston or chicago schools?

so far i have interviews from einstein, sinai, jefferson, and ucsd. haven't heard anything from boston schools

I've gotten a few interviews: Hopkins, Wash U, UT Southwestern (dallas), and Cincinnati. I haven't heard anything from chicago, boston, or nyc schools (then again, I just applied. I hope to hear something soon). Good luck everyone.

Have heard from MCW, U of Wisc, Northwestern, Hopkins, Penn, Mich, Wash U. Have not heard from Cali, Boston, NY, or the rest of chicago.

I've heard from Stanford and the UCSF-Fresno, but not UCSF. No news from New York or chicago, but I only applied to one program in each city, and my school just sent out my transcript today.

I have heard from Vandy, UAB, Emory, NYU, BU, Hopkins, UofMaryland, Northwestern, Stanford, UofWashington.

I have heard from UCSF, Stanford, UofW, UCSD, NYPH-Cornell. Anyone heard from Boston yet? How about UCLA?

Did anyone receive interview requests by phone or postal mail? I am on an away rotation and am curious to see what is in my mail box besides bills and junk mail. As per interviews my latest invites were from u of maryland and Jefferson

I'm currently a PGY-I in psychiatry. I applied to most of the big east coast programs last year. Sounds like a lot of people are waiting to hear from programs in Boston. Just wanted to spread the word that the Harvard psychiatry programs (MGH/McLean, Longwood, and Cambridge) as a rule do not send out interview invitations until after November 1st (after Deans Letters are released).

thanks for the info psychMD2004. Can you give your impressions of the programs you interviewed at. i am finding that i can't interview at all the places i applied to. any advice on cutting down programs would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!

haven't posted in a while...

have heard from: wash u, utsw, hopkins, emory, unc, penn, michigan, musc, uva, nyu, cornell, columbia, einstein, lij, maryland, mt. sinai, umiami, wake, iowa, and cincinatti

conspicuously absent: mgh, duke, pitt, yale, baylor, harvard longwood, cambridge

(you might be thinking why i'm applying to so many programs... oh, the joys of the couples match...)

anyone heard from duke, pitt, or yale?!?!

i have heard from duke and yale. have not heard from cali schools. are the people getting alot of california interviews from cali??

saradal said:
i have heard from duke and yale. have not heard from cali schools. are the people getting alot of california interviews from cali??

saradal, mind if i ask when you heard from those two, and if/when your application was complete? one of my LORs has yet to come in so i'm wondering if that's why i haven't heard from those schools one way or another...

thanks!

I've heard from Uni of Rochester, SUNY Upstate (Buffalo) and Albert Einstein (Philadelphia).

Approximately how long after your file was complete at the University of Washington did you hear about an interview request? Just curious. Thanks.

I just submitted my ERAS last week, and I've heard from UMDNJ and Penn, within one day and one week, respectively.

I have interviews at Rush in Chicago, IU at Chicago, and Ohio State. Got 2 "application received" type letters from 2 Harvard programs.

1) Hopkins
2) Wash U
3) U of Maryland
4) Northwestern
5) U of Pitt triple board
6) Mount Sinai triple board
7) Cornell
8) U of Illinois Chicago
9) Rush University
10) U of North Carolina
11) Duke University
12) Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
-Letter from MGH saying they got my application

just received duke over the weekend. still waiting on yale, pitt, mgh, and baylor.

Ysatnaf said:
1) Hopkins
2) Wash U
3) U of Maryland
4) Northwestern
5) U of Pitt triple board
6) Mount Sinai triple board
7) Cornell
8) U of Illinois Chicago
9) Rush University
10) U of North Carolina
11) Duke University
12) Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
-Letter from MGH saying they got my application

Geez! How many schools did you apply to anyways? Do you plan to interview at all these places? I wish you the best in any case.

psychedoc2b

Hi all. First of all, good luck to all of us!!!

Here are the programs that I have scheduled interviews with so far:
Cornell
Albert Einstein
Columbia
Penn
Portland
Seattle.

Have not heard yet from:
Harvard Longwood
UCSF
Yale
UCLA
Stanford

My transcript and Dean's Letter still have not been submitted.

to all those with california interviews, are you guys from california? thanks

Have heard from Ann Arbor, Yale, Arizona, Seattle, UC Irvine, and Harbor-UCLA. (Applicant from Wisconsin)

saradal said:

I'm from ny - i heard from ucsd but not stanford or ucsf yet

Yes, from a california med school. Got most of my local interviews the week I submitted my ERAS, then a trickle since. Still waiting on some NYC, Boston programs, UCLA and OHSU.

Good luck to everyone!

saradal said: