interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yale today. still awaiting pitt, mgh, baylor...

anyone heard from pitt?

Members don't see this ad.

saradal said:
to all those with california interviews, are you guys from california? thanks

I'm from Ohio and have invitations from Stanford, UCSF, UCSF-Fresno, and San Mateo. No news from Davis or Cal Pacific yet.

harvard longwood yesterday.

still waiting on pitt, mgh, baylor...

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard from Harvard South Shore yesterday...

Now; Rochester, Suny Upstate, Albert Einstein (Philadelphia).

Haven't had any rejections yet, do programs wait till later in the year for that?

Harvard Long yesterday and MGH today.

Anyone get an invite from Columbia yet? Are you local?

Thx.

just wondering when those who heard from ucsd and stanford sent in their application. mine went in on oct 10..all letters of rec in by oct 15...still no word from those schools.
thx

cytogirl said:
Harvard Long yesterday and MGH today.

Anyone get an invite from Columbia yet? Are you local?

Thx.

cyto, i've gotten columbia and i am local.

anyone heard from pitt? anyone... anyone...?

siljones said:
just wondering when those who heard from ucsd and stanford sent in their application. mine went in on oct 10..all letters of rec in by oct 15...still no word from those schools.
thx

It took many weeks to extract grades and a transcript from my school, but I heard from Stanford within a week of completing the application. I didn't apply to UCSD.

To those of you who have heard from Mt. Sinai's main campus program, how soon did you hear? And is it too soon to ask programs about whether they are going to extend an invitation? I still haven't heard from 3 programs and for two of those, I will be close by in 2 weeks.

UCLA and Univ of Chicago have checked in.

here's my list so far:

Temple
Jefferson
Einstein (nyc)
Mount Sinai
UCSD
BU
Brown

Good morning.

First time/long time...

I interviewed at UNC yesterday, and will post my impressions sometime this week. I've also scheduled interviews at Duke, Colorado, UIC, U of C, and Brown.

Has anyone heard from Cambridge yet?

Thanks--

J.M.

Here's my list so far:

Columbia
Cornell
St. Lukes-Roosevelt
Duke
Wash U (st louis)
U Wash (seattle)
Brown
UCLA
GWU
Baylor
Yale
UT-SW (Dallas)

I haven't heard from Cambridge yet... G'luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
no, no cambridge yet, they are the only program so far that has not downloaded all of the documents as they came in. still waiting...

heard from Tufts 2 days ago.
That makes my list

Harvard South Shore
Tufts
Uni Rochester
Uni Syrause
Uni Buffalo
Einstein at Philly.

Plus rejection from Boston U and UMDNJ- RWJS.

So Far

Wash U
St. Louis U
MU Columbia
Mt. Sinai - Cabrini
Einstein (NY) - Beth Israel
Einstein - LIJ

Also - First official rejection from Stanford

Hey all -
just heard from stanford and tufts.
anyone heard from cambridge, longwood or mclean?
ahsa

i've heard from longwood and mcclean. nothing from cambridge...

my list so far - i've already cancelled a few, but i realize that i'm going to need to make 3-5 more pre-interview cuts because i haven't got the funds or the time. any advice about which to cut? :confused:

michigan
wash u.
mgh
duke
unc
hopkins
yale
utsw
baylor
musc
emory
pitt
cincinnati
columbia
maryland
penn
longwood
cornell
nyu
einstein (nyc)
sinai (nyc)

One idea might be to make the cuts geographically- Baylor isn't close to any fo the others so unless it's realyl close to home would require a specialt rip where you could cram in a couple of the NYC interviews into the one trip?...

DrIng said:
One idea might be to make the cuts geographically- Baylor isn't close to any fo the others so unless it's realyl close to home would require a specialt rip where you could cram in a couple of the NYC interviews into the one trip?...

that is my thought now too, though it's too late... already bought my ticket to go there... but i am combining houston with dallas (flying to houston, then driving to dallas and back) so i can do baylor/utsw in a short period...

thanks for the suggestion :)

Just heard from Oregon Health Sciences this afternoon

Added UPenn and H-Longwood this last week.

Still waiting on Cambridge... J.M.

DrIng said:
heard from Tufts 2 days ago.
That makes my list

Harvard South Shore
Tufts
Uni Rochester
Uni Syrause
Uni Buffalo
Einstein at Philly.

Plus rejection from Boston U and UMDNJ- RWJS.

congrats on your interview invitations. but how did you get an interview at tufts, but rejected from umdnj-rwjs? hmmm....now i can understand why the nj programs get a bad rap.

I was a little perplexed about that one too.... i guess it depends what they're looking for....

Hmm...anyone know if all programs send out rejections, or do you just have to wait around til February to figure it out. I have some stragglers....NYU, Yale & Cambridge that I have heard nothing from in either direction.

tangents said:
Hmm...anyone know if all programs send out rejections, or do you just have to wait around til February to figure it out. I have some stragglers....NYU, Yale & Cambridge that I have heard nothing from in either direction.

When I interviewed last year, I received interview invites from some programs in late December (seems there is often a "2nd round" of invites that go out at some places). So there are some programs that are probably holding on to your application for a while, without making a firm decision.

Scratch Columbia and MGH. Add Boston U and St. Lukes-Roosevelt (NYC).

Anybody interview at either program? If so impressions are welcom.

dcp

Wondering if anyone has impression about the Hawaii program?
Am also waiting to hear about Boston U, St Luke's and St Vincent's (NYC)

Thanks.

got cambridge today... does anyone know anything about the program?

Mixed Nut said:
Wondering if anyone has impression about the Hawaii program?
Am also waiting to hear about Boston U, St Luke's and St Vincent's (NYC)

Thanks.

I just wrote a review on scutwork.com- it should be up soon. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Talked to Cambridge today in AM, they are hoping to make final decisions today, and send out the invites and declines today.

Does anybody know anything about these two programs? I am running out of interview time and have to choose between these two programs. I am already scheduled to interview at Fresno and feel a little guilty about cancelling. The location of Fresno is actually somewhat more appealing to me, since it's so close to Kings Canyon, Yosemite, and Death Valley. They are also affiliated with one of only two state mental hospitals in CA. The UC Davis web site is surprisingly uninformative and I applied there because it's a northern CA academic program.

Of the two, I think Davis probably has a stronger program for academics and Fresno is probably more for community psych. Not sure though, as I did not apply to Fresno. Regardless, they are UC programs, so you can't go wrong. Hope that helps some. Best of luck!

alina_s said:
Does anybody know anything about these two programs? I am running out of interview time and have to choose between these two programs. I am already scheduled to interview at Fresno and feel a little guilty about cancelling. The location of Fresno is actually somewhat more appealing to me, since it's so close to Kings Canyon, Yosemite, and Death Valley. They are also affiliated with one of only two state mental hospitals in CA. The UC Davis web site is surprisingly uninformative and I applied there because it's a northern CA academic program.

I'm a CA med student. Have interviewed at:

UCSF
Stanford
UCLA-Harbor
USC
UCSD

Have interviews scheduled at:
UCLA (NPI)
Cedars-Sinai
UC Davis

If anyone wants to chat about impressions of California schools, feel free to email me - I'd love to hear others' thoughts. Best of luck to everyone!

ANYONE heard anything from Cambridge recently (after Thanksgiving?) They were supposed to review the last batch of apps and send everyone an email. I haven't heard anything at all.....

Yes, I recently heard from Cambridge and (MGH and Yale), so it definitely seems to be a rolling process.

As far as Cambridge goes, I've spoken to them a few times on the phone and found them very approachable and helpful. So if you're waiting, try giving them a call. Good luck-- J.M.