Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine were Dec 1st. In some cases applications would still be considered after the 1st, but it was like the priority date.

So far, I've found that my individual professor of interest at each school is the person who contacted me. Therefore, some professors might be on different timeables than others.

No worries- it's still very early! You mentioned some Jan deadlines right? I'm sure those will take some time to process. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

just spoke to the guy at temple- he said that all of the invites for interviews will be sent within the next 2 days.

I just wanted to let people know that University of Missouri has their interview weekend on Feb. 3. They are starting to contact candidates.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks i was getting worried hearing about all these contacts!

I just got a call from a professor from BU. Their interview dates are February 13 and 17, and I'm invited!

Hi everyone.

I am a new member to the forum but I have been an active reader for the past year or so. Anyway, January/Feb will be a very exciting time for all of us. I've been invited for formal invitations by USC and OSU (Feb 3rd) so far!!! yay!!! Since I have applied to 13 programs in all, there are still many that I am waiting on. Anyway, best of luck to everyone!

Betty

Just got invited to Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Yay!

UMAPsych said:
I have only heard from one school so far, Penn State. Interview on February 10th!

when did you hear from penn state????? :cool:

I heard from Penn State last Tuesday (1/10).

Hey Ratch,

What day did you chose for BU? I chose the 17th- maybe I'll see you there? In any event, best of luck!

For those of you who got invited to interview at BU which professors did you say you were interested in working with?

Hey Everyone!

I got an interview invitation from U of KY-Louisville on Tuesday, but have not heard anything from my other 13 schools (including Harvard, UMSL, SLU, WashU, Yale, U of Penn, U of IA, U of KS, UM-Boulder, UNM-Albuquerque, BGSU, SUNY-Albany, and U of CO-Boulder)

Hang in there everyone! It's still early! Good luck to all!

Hey Guys,

Geeez I havent heard anyone mention getting interviews from any of the schools I applied too. I guess thats a good thing so I know I am not out of the running! Well If anyone heard from these school Please post. I know it is still early! Good luck Everyone.

Upenn
Bryn Mawr
University of Virginia
University of Arkansas
Arizona State University
Southern Methodist University
Georgia State University
Northern Illinois University

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard from the following: loyola, catholic?

Insider info says that Emory University will be holding its meeting to determine interviewees on Monday, January 23rd.

HonieButterfly said:
Hey Guys,

Geeez I havent heard anyone mention getting interviews from any of the schools I applied too. I guess thats a good thing so I know I am not out of the running! Well If anyone heard from these school Please post. I know it is still early! Good luck Everyone.

Upenn
Bryn Mawr
University of Virginia
University of Arkansas
Arizona State University
Southern Methodist University
Georgia State University
Northern Illinois University

Congratulations everyone!!

Georgia State may take a little while longer. I applied there too and their deadline was only two weeks ago.

Anyone hear from University of Miami?

I got the email from UCLA today as well, should be fun.. I've never been west of the Mississippi.

Was the UCLA from a particular person, or from the department? I applied there and haven't heard anything. Maybe they aren't done, or maybe I'm not getting invited.

joetro said:
Was the UCLA from a particular person, or from the department? I applied there and haven't heard anything. Maybe they aren't done, or maybe I'm not getting invited.

Department.

Congrats positive and no sleep! Hey, Nosleep, enjoy Cali- an experience in and of itself!

Questions to the Harvard applicants- did the program end up getting accredited? It is in the process? If so, when is its status due to be reviewed?

Hey guys,
It's good to know I'm not the only one going crazy here.
Anywone heard from Case, Kent, or Suny Buffalo?

The secretary from the UCLA psych dept. sent me an email informing me of the interview (and I assume everyone else), and said that a call from her office would be coming soon to answer questions and to determine which dates people were coming on. Whether or not that means that everyone who is going to be invited has been, you know as well as I do. Good luck!

cabbagesnk said:
Hey guys,
It's good to know I'm not the only one going crazy here.
Anywone heard from Case, Kent, or Suny Buffalo?

I am a student at SUNY Buffalo and my professor said he was looking through his stack of applicants and need to let the dept know by thr end of this week. So assuming they should begin sending out interview invitations next week or so. Good Luck!

hey from now on, when you share your interviews, say how you heard (email vs phone? department vs individual professor? etc) and if you are willing to share, who you want to work with and/or what your research interests are.
just to avoid all of these questions from other inquiring minds.
thanks! carry on.

Just got the official interview invite email from Temple!:)

It was from the Director of Admissions- (not from the person I specifically applied to work with). He said that he would call the applicants over the next few days to iron out all of the details.

Has anyone heard from Umass Boston????

Just got a call from a professor from BU. very excited!

UMAPsych - I applied to UMass Boston too and I haven't heard from there yet. I'm thinking about calling to see if they have contacted invitees yet, I'll probably wait until Monday though.

psyresearch said:
UMAPsych - I applied to UMass Boston too and I haven't heard from there yet. I'm thinking about calling to see if they have contacted invitees yet, I'll probably wait until Monday though.

I also applied to UMass Boston and am starting to get concerned since the deadline was so early. However, I remember it took them a long time to process my application after I submitted it. If you call and find out anything, please post what they tell you!

Yay Psychoem! Maybe I'll see you in Boston!

I just received an email with an unofficial invite to Washington University for the developmental psychology PhD program. I received it from my professor of interest. Official invites have not gone out yet but I was told to set aside February 17-19 for an interview weekend. :)

Congrats Psychgal- how exciting:)!!!

clinpsychgirl said:
Just got the official interview invite email from Temple!:)

It was from the Director of Admissions- (not from the person I specifically applied to work with). He said that he would call the applicants over the next few days to iron out all of the details.

I applied to Temple too but did not receive an invite :(
However, I sent an email to find out if they are sending out another round of invites, and I was told that they are!

Hi all,

I heard on another forum that Yale is starting to contact individuals. This person also stated that Yale does not do personal interviews so you have to be ready to interview with no notice when you get the phone call!!! I don't know how accurate this info is, but BE READY if you applied to Yale!

Hello.

I applied to the clinical psychology Ph.D. programs at: Harvard, Yale, Columbia Teachers College, Suffolk, U South Florida, North Illinois U, Nova Southeastern, Florida State, University of Texas Southwestern, U Oregon, Pitt, Duke, UNC Chapel Hill, Rutgers, and Catholic U of America.

Thus far, I've received an invitation to interview at Catholic University. Has anyone else applied to these schools? Received interview offers? Know when interview for these schools should be offered?

I really appreciate any information at all. I know grad schools are overwhelmed at this time of year, but I can't help but be positively dripping with anxiety / apprehension / excitement...

~*~ C ~*~

feuenglace said:
Hello.

I applied to the clinical psychology Ph.D. programs at: Harvard, Yale, Columbia Teachers College, Suffolk, U South Florida, North Illinois U, Nova Southeastern, Florida State, University of Texas Southwestern, U Oregon, Pitt, Duke, UNC Chapel Hill, Rutgers, and Catholic U of America.

Thus far, I've received an invitation to interview at Catholic University. Has anyone else applied to these schools? Received interview offers? Know when interview for these schools should be offered?

I really appreciate any information at all. I know grad schools are overwhelmed at this time of year, but I can't help but be positively dripping with anxiety / apprehension / excitement...

~*~ C ~*~

when did you hear from catholic?

feuenglace said:
Hello.

~*~ C ~*~

when did you hear from catholic? and what specialization?

I got an invitation to U of South Florida! They sent an email stating that I can choose one of two dates for their open house, Feb 3rd and Feb 16th. Just a heads up for anyone applying to USF. Freuenglace, I applied to a few of the schools that you've applied other than USF. I haven't heard from any others.

Congratulations everyone on your invitations! Let's keep this thread busy!!

PsychMode said:
I got an invitation to U of South Florida! They sent an email stating that I can choose one of two dates for their open house, Feb 3rd and Feb 16th. Just a heads up for anyone applying to USF. Freuenglace, I applied to a few of the schools that you've applied other than USF. I haven't heard from any others.

Congratulations everyone on your invitations! Let's keep this thread busy!!

Sorry, I meant feuenglace, not freuenglace. :oops:

feuenglace said:
Hello.

~*~ C ~*~

I applied to North Illionis University. I havent heard anything but Im not sure if my application will even be considered. My GRE scores came in after the deadline. I was thinking about contacting the scretary to find out if its being considered. However, I figure if they are I'll hear something hopefully. I will keep you posted so please do the same.

HonieButterfly said:
I applied to North Illionis University. I havent heard anything but Im not sure if my application will even be considered. My GRE scores came in after the deadline. I was thinking about contacting the scretary to find out if its being considered. However, I figure if they are I'll hear something hopefully. I will keep you posted so please do the same.

HonieButterfly, I wouldn't give up hope on NIU. They may look at the postmark or the print date on the report instead. The graduate admissions offices at many of these schools have been swamped and applications, even when submitted online, sometimes don't make it to the department until after a week or more. When I called a few of the departments that I applied to asking if they received my materials, they said that they were still receiving materials from the admissions offices after the deadlines.

feuenglace said:
Hello.

~*~ C ~*~

I am an RA at Harvard and I know that they are only just starting to look at applicants. They also only do phone interviews so be prepared to interview right when they call you.

I am completely freaking out because I have not heard back from one place yet. Not one. This is such a horrible process!!!!

anxious said:
I am an RA at Harvard and I know that they are only just starting to look at applicants. They also only do phone interviews so be prepared to interview right when they call you.

I am completely freaking out because I have not heard back from one place yet. Not one. This is such a horrible process!!!!

I apologize for posting this question twice (for those of you who caught it earlier), but I think the responses in this board have been going so fast that it might have been missed.

So, here goes: Anxious, (or anyone) can you explain to me the deal with the harvard clinical psych program? I heard that they were supposed to be reviewed for accreditation in 2005? Did that happen? If so, are they accredited? If not, are they due to be reviewed soon? I didn't apply there or anything but I was just curious. Thanks.

I applied to: Antioch NE, Hartford, Rutgers, Yeshiva, Long Island, Florida Tech PsyD programs and Pepperdine(Masters). Has anyone heard from any of these PsyD programs yet? I haven't and because of a horrible incident and which my Psych GREs STILL havent been sent (ETS is a *joke*) I'm scared I wont get in anywhere..

Good Luck to all
Jon

clinpsychgirl said:
I apologize for posting this question twice (for those of you who caught it earlier), but I think the responses in this board have been going so fast that it might have been missed.

So, here goes: Anxious, (or anyone) can you explain to me the deal with the harvard clinical psych program? I heard that they were supposed to be reviewed for accreditation in 2005? Did that happen? If so, are they accredited? If not, are they due to be reviewed soon? I didn't apply there or anything but I was just curious. Thanks.

So here's the deal: Harvard was supposed to be reviewed and accredited last year but it never happened (i'm not sure why). It is supposed to happen soon. It doesn't really have an impact on anything - when you graduate and apply for licensure you just have to show proof that you fulfilled the class requirements (which is just assumed in an accredited program).

anxious said:
So here's the deal: Harvard was supposed to be reviewed and accredited last year but it never happened (i'm not sure why). It is supposed to happen soon. It doesn't really have an impact on anything - when you graduate and apply for licensure you just have to show proof that you fulfilled the class requirements (which is just assumed in an accredited program).

Thanks anxious! That makes sense.