Interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SM-UCLA tech

CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First I'd like to say that I think this site is great.
It's nice to hear how everyone is doing throughout this long arduous process. I also think that sharing information about our experiences is invaluable.

Congratulations to everyone so far who has interviewed and has interviews scheduled! :clap:

But as of yet, I have not received any requests for interviews.
I want to hear if there are other people in the same boat. It's frustrating to check my email 10 times a day hoping to see a request for an interview!

I'm assuming that it is still very early in the process, but still I just want to know i'm not alone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am in your boat. I have one interview so far, but it is at the school I work at (in a lab). They also invited me with my April scores, so I have to think they are desparate. :laugh:

I check my email 11 times per day, got you beat. And my mailman knows me by name. Today I asked him, "are you sure there is not another letter for me in your truck? Like from Yale. . ."

And he looked at me like I am a tool. Anyhow, they will come, give them time. It is still early, its just that most SNDers are ahead of the curve. Gook luck! (you have to wish the same for me. . .)

Haha...I am in the same boat. No interviews so far but I am also an Aug mcater. On the flip side...I have been denied to Vanderbilt already despite the fact that they were the first school I interviewed at in Nov of last year. Ah well....Nashville wasn't that great.

But yeah...its frustrating to be interview-less and know that some people on this board have 10+ interviews. I am happy for those people and wish them the best but it has me very concerned about my situation.

Still early in the process I suppose. I'll hit the panic button in early Dec if I don't have any interviews by then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by isidella

I check my email 11 times per day, got you beat. And my mailman knows me by name. Today I asked him, "are you sure there is not another letter for me in your truck? Like from Yale. . ."

And he looked at me like I am a tool. Anyhow, they will come, give them time. It is still early, its just that most SNDers are ahead of the curve. Gook luck! (you have to wish the same for me. . .)

Reading your post about the mailman reminded me of last year when I was going crazy waiting for my MCAT scores. Last year , you could not check them online, but had to wait for the snail mail. here is a funny post I wrote last year. I thought you all watching your mailboxes might appreciate the humor.

Posted on 10-15-2001
"""Ok, you lucky people make me want to cry.
I was outside at the end of my driveway waiting for the mailman. He handed me my mail and I saw no MCAT envelope.

Word of warning, if you climb into the mail truck and start going through the piles of mail in the back of the truck the mailman will get freaked out.

Anyway the nice men with the white coats came and pried my hands off the mail and carried me so nicely to their truck. Then they gave me a nice coat that allows me to hug myself tightly and then they brought me to such a nice resort.

I am currently feeling great after the nice doctors put me in a great room that I can bounce off the walls and mutter incoherently 4 little letters over and over and over M...C....A....T.....

Seriously folks, I am sure this will be the week for all of us to get the scores. Have fun and keep smiling!!!!"""

Thanks SM-UCLA tech.

I'm not the only I guess. I am still trying to finish all my secondaries. But I have alot in already. It sucks being late in this process but hopefully I'm not toooooo late. Looks like I got 5 more secondaries to go.

Good luck to everyone.