Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgera

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I know some of you already have a masters degree, so I want to know what the interview was like for your masters. I know its probably not as intense as a doctoral program's interview, but what should I expect? What kinds of questions should I ask? Should I wear a suit?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I know some of you already have a masters degree, so I want to know what the interview was like for your masters. I know its probably not as intense as a doctoral program's interview, but what should I expect? What kinds of questions should I ask? Should I wear a suit?

Thanks!

My masters interviews were all pretty laid back (though so were the 4 doctoral interviews I went on). I would ask the same types of questions that you would ask at a doctoral interview, but add a question about how many students go on to PhD programs (or PsyD, or not if you aren't interested in going on). You can wear a suit if you want (especially if you are a guy) but most of the girls at my interviews were not wearing suits - just dress clothes. Hope that helps.

It does help, thanks!