Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

none

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a reasonable number of interviews to attend, particularly if one is still trying to finish their bachelor's?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I shouldn't even try to answer, as I've already graduated, but I'd have to say as many as possible, until you get an acceptance you're thrilled with.

Not that I'm an expert on this or anything, but I don't believe there is a reasonable number. If you really want to give the school a shot and think you would be happy there, then go for it. Otherwise, why waste your time and theirs and your money to go and interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well...if you don't get in anywhere...

I would say about 100...

If you get in right away, then maybe 3

If you have no friggin clue..just keep going to them until you get in...

There is no real answer to this question...sorry dawg.

Go to as many as you can afford and as many as you can without letting your life and grades slip too far between the cracks

I have to say, there is no reasonable number to attend unless you got into your #1 Choice. But I still think you should go to a few and get a feel of what other schools have to offer. And if you do not have any acceptances, then you should go to as many as physically and financially possible.

Hey none,

I agree with the above. It's really in accordance with one's unique situation. For me, I have my own ranking of where I think I'd wanna spend 4 years of my life at and then after interviewing at a few, see if my ranking system has changed at all. Then if schools that, from what i've heard and read, are below in my ranking to a school that I've already been accepted to, grant me an interview, I would decline and only interview at my higher ranked schools (assuming that a few do give me an interview). Damn, that's kind of confusing. Anyway, I really think it's an individual thing, and there is no number too big. Like Santa said, "If you really want to give the school a shot and think you would be happy there, then go for it. Otherwise, why waste your time and theirs and your money to go and interview." 'nuff said. Hope this helps a little, and good luck with everything! Ciao.

interviewing is kind of neat, if a little tiring. i say that you went to the trouble to apply to all of these schools, so you might as well accept the invitation to interview. but of course, if you get accepted to somewhere you'd rather go, then don't miss the end of that football game by running to catch a flight just to get a high # of acceptances.

in short, go to interviews at any school you'd consider attending. for me, that was a whole heck of a lot of traveling, but if i get into one of my top 10 schools, then it was worth it!