SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Interviews??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sc, Jul 27, 2001.

1. sc

sc Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Illinois
    I just had a quick question for everyone. In previous years (disregarding all of the delays this year), when do the earliest interview invitations go out (not including early decision candidates)? Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Spang

Spang SDN Angel 10+ Year Member

I was told by admissions staff at USUHS that interviews would begin Sept 27th and continue every Thursday.

BTW you can check
    to check other schools' dates from last year.

Spang

4. jcd311

jcd311 Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2001
    new hampshire
    St. Louis University started their interviews pretty early last year. I think I got my invite in mid-late September, and I interviewed right after Columbus Day. The majority of my invites didn't come until October - Dartmouth, Albert Einstein, New York Med, MCP Hahnemann, Penn State, University of Rochester.

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    As mentioned before, go visit www.interviewfeedback.com and you'll notice the dates and how early some folks were invited and interviewed.

6. ghettobird

ghettobird Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 6, 2001
    I know Vanderbilt is really early: they send their interview invitation with a secondary appication (so it's hard to get a secondary). Last year I got my interview invitation from them in late July. ;)

7. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 5, 2001
    CA
    My first interview last year was in the third week of September (I think the 18th) at Univ. of VT, followed by Georgetown on the 24th (?) and GWU on the 25th. My latest interview was Feb 20th (I think). I got my invitations for GWU and Georgetown in mid-August and UVM called me right after Labor Day. Hope this is helpful.

8. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator 7+ Year Member

Jul 6, 2001
    As you guys list when you were interviewed and where, would you also list when you submitted your AMCAS last year and/or if you were taking the August 2000 MCAT?

Thanks!
    :)

9. jcd311

jcd311 Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 23, 2001
    new hampshire
    I submitted my AMCAS at the end of June, and I took the April MCAT. I didn't have my scores released until I saw them so that put the processing of my application a little further behind than it would have been.