Intl. students: how do you pay for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Especially in schools that require 100% prepay. Any suggestions on the banks? I did quite a bit of searching and there is a lender that can work with me with no cosigner. Finding a cosigner is tough, but i got an established credit history so I was hoping to maybe get loans a few places. Do banks that give private loans actually check whether you got a citizenship/green card? Do you have to send out that kind of paperwork to them during application?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat, and was actually looking for an option without a cosigner as well. If you don't mind me asking; what lender is it and at what interest rate?

Creightonite said:
Especially in schools that require 100% prepay. Any suggestions on the banks? I did quite a bit of searching and there is a lender that can work with me with no cosigner. Finding a cosigner is tough, but i got an established credit history so I was hoping to maybe get loans a few places. Do banks that give private loans actually check whether you got a citizenship/green card? Do you have to send out that kind of paperwork to them during application?

Members don't see this ad :)
accessgroup.com, not sure about the rates. I am pretty that they are higher than with a cosigner, not sure by how much. I wish we got more response here.

They are actually really high (between 8-12%) depending on how good your credit are.

Creightonite said:
accessgroup.com, not sure about the rates. I am pretty that they are higher than with a cosigner, not sure by how much. I wish we got more response here.

^^

how do you know? did you apply there?

They have the most current rates on their webiste. Mentions what your total rate will be with really good, good, or marginal credit.

Creightonite said:
^^

how do you know? did you apply there?