beep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
so, i'm out of state at ohsu. i'm trying to decide whether to attend an interview there given that i'm already in at the university of pittsburgh. anyone have any thoughts? i'm inclined not to go, since i loved pitt a lot, and ohsu was never one of my top few choices, but the neurotic in me wants to not close off any great options.

btowngirl

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 12, 2004
Status
i went to my ohsu interview not expecting to like it much and i was totally shocked by how much i loved it! it is now #3 on my list (only behind state schools UCLA and UCSF but in front of ucsd, usc and a bunch of others). portland is a great city. everyone at the school from the faculty and students to the staff are super friendly. the students help each other and all seem to have good-great friends in the class. i didnt go to my pitt interview so i dont know what pitt is like, but ohsu is a great place to go to medical school and i wouldnt pass up the opportunity to visit and possibly attend.

Economist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2004
Status
when did you hear from pitt? i thought they weren't making decisions until march.

OP
B

beep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Economist said:
when did you hear from pitt? i thought they weren't making decisions until march.
I haven't gotten an official letter, but I did hear from the dean.

RoccoWJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2003
oakland pa
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I am a student here at Pitt and I also give interviews. Let me assure you that that first admit meeting is NEXT week. There is no way that anyone is in at Pitt MED yet.

roadrunnerrita

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Status
RoccoWJ said:
I am a student here at Pitt and I also give interviews. Let me assure you that that first admit meeting is NEXT week. There is no way that anyone is in at Pitt MED yet.

You never know how much you will like a school untill you go. You might as well go!!! What if you love ohio?

OP
B

beep

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
RoccoWJ said:
Not true, although I didn't get an official letter yet. I did hear informally, along with the info that the letters will be out in 2-3 weeks.