Introduce Yourself Here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi y'all, I'm Breenie. I feel like I never contribute anything useful. This post is no different.

- 5.9 GPA
- 1700 GRE
- Ten million hours of veterinary experience

But seriously,

- I have red hair
- I absolutely love goats!
- I can spray paint like a boss
- Sometimes I go on dates with dudes from OKcupid because I'm hungry and poor and just want someone to buy me dinner
- I really like french manicures
- I judge people who drink raw milk

Members don't see this ad.

Hm everybody is posting here, I guess I'll join the party.

-22 yrs old, second time applicant :xf:
-Life-long vegetarian, though I like people who eat strange animal body parts better than those who are grossed out by them.
-Travel addict and am itching so badly to get out of the country again
-Love learning languages, but am way too quick to forget them - I can read the characters of and pronounce things well in quite a few languages, but have very little idea anymore of what the words mean. Oops.
-Am in love with my dogs and could never do without them. :love:
-Allergic to nickel, which fyi is a material on the inside of the button on jeans. I used to have to put duct tape or nail polish over the button to avoid rashes, but thankfully I'm less sensitive now and just need to avoid most jewelery. And Sharpeis.
- Like to mess around with new recipes and to bake lots of goodies, though I've been a lazy bum lately.
- I love grocery shopping and Target but can't stand clothes shopping.
- I used to be a huge bookworm as a kid but stopped as I got older - since graduating, I'm devouring books like crazy again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure? They recently changed all those around. (And added a new one?) I was a Virgo and now I'm a Leo. Weird!

I think it's bunk anyways, but it's still strange.

I'm a stinking Capricorn now.
It fits... but it's not meeeeeeeeee

The boyfriend is now a Taurus. Still compatible!... yay... and oddly what they say about us is true.

Well... Breenie is going to have a new appreciation of me.

-Allergic to nickel, which fyi is a material on the inside of the button on jeans. I used to have to put duct tape or nail polish over the button to avoid rashes, but thankfully I'm less sensitive now and just need to avoid most jewelery. And Sharpeis.

I'm badly allergic to ONE of my belts. I got a HUGE rash where the buckle is and they put me on antibiotic cream. Nail polish did nothing. So I eventually bought another cheap belt... and another... and I'm only allergic to that one.

Fun schtuff..

I was a competitive figure skater for 5 years (grades 6-11) but then I quit because IB got too demanding and I didn't have time to go to the arena 4x/week. I fractured my tailbone because of skating though, which was pretty embarrassing.

Other sports I enjoy are snowboarding, skiing (I learned this first but prefer boarding now), tennis and volleyball.

I play the piano but want to learn other instruments (guitar, drums).

I am very, very allergic to mosquito bites..they ALWAYS swell up and the skin around the bite tightens to the point where I can't bend joints. Have gone to the ER because of it. Because of this, I rarely camp though I do love camping :(. Sudden temperature changes also makes me break out, when I used to train for skating in the summer, I would come out of the cold arena and into the hot summer air and I would instantly break out into hives.

I watch a lot of TV...currently I'm following 12 series (How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, House, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, Nikita, Vampire Diaries, Jersey Shore, South Park, Family Guy, Modern Family, Glee).

I'm badly allergic to ONE of my belts. I got a HUGE rash where the buckle is and they put me on antibiotic cream. Nail polish did nothing. So I eventually bought another cheap belt... and another... and I'm only allergic to that one.

However my story is a bit more :D embarrassing... In middle school (aka 6th grade) I joined the band and took up the cornet. See where I'm going with this.

The instrument was my Grandfather's and it was beautiful, but had a nickel mouthpiece. Oh yea that was a great time!

My folks and the band director switched me to the drums after the clarinet didn’t work out so well. I swear I don’t know how I survived and when I ask my friends from back in the day they totally don’t remember it!

Hiya Scarcely,
No fears! We don't need to have zodiac identity crisises (is that a word?) Check it! http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/14/astrologers-get-their-say-in-the-horoscope-hubbub/?iid=moreonnf

Thank god that's over... Too stubborn to be anything but a Scorpio!

Oooo ya, I'm Jay! 1 of 5000 male vet applicants (yipee!), hoping to jebus I'll find friends in vet school that'll play pool, watch football, and drink beer!

Um, I like dogs and ultimate frisbee! Haven't posted much on here (sooorrryyyy), and live the busy life of a grad student (aka slave-researcher). Uhmmmmmmmm, I'm generally very excited and happy (see avatar for example). Can't wait for application process to be over!!!!!!!!

Sixteen Things You Won't Find in My Personal Statement:

- I have four cats. <--- (okay, this one might have gotten a mention.)
- I have an unnatural affinity for obnoxious animal hats and tacky children's footwear. And pajamas with feet.
- I really, really, really want to learn to skydive. I did tandem once and loved it!
- I despise mayonnaise.
- In the eighth grade, I was ejected from the National Spelling Bee for spelling a word correctly... the wrong word. (Listening FAIL.) :oops:
- I love driving aimlessly in the middle of the night. (And hate the price of gas!)
- I am way more laid back in person than the majority of my posts on here would probably suggest.
- And quieter, for those who may be noting how alarmingly fast my post count has climbed over the past month and are dreading the possibility of ending up in class with me, haha. ;)
- When I was little, I dreamed of illustrating children's books, opening a goldfish hatchery, and discovering the natural reservoir of the Ebola virus.
- (I was a strange child.)
- I have an unhealthy relationship with Nutella.
- I can't dance.
- I've never been able to stay awake through an entire Star Wars movie.
- I was blessed with a twelve year old boy's sense of humor.
- I'm still mourning the demise of the Discovery Health channel. (Where am I supposed to get my 200 lb. tumor removal fix now?) :laugh:
- As a little kid, I desperately wanted to breed and show rabbits. Every year, at the state fair, I realize I've never completely gotten over that one.

I'll play...but I'm not posting my stats.

- 27 year old female originally from Northern New Brunswick
- "Purebred" Mi'kmaq
- I had to google how to spell Mi'kmaq correctly
- I live with my boyfriend of over 4 years
- We have a boxer named Harley, a DLH named Winston, and a paint horse named Red
- We very often have a second dog living with us as a foster from some rescue...our last one was a 140 lbs St. Bernard named Chevy
- I already have grey hair
- I've always loved animals (esp. dogs and horses).
- I am super close with family and they are the reason I'm able to chase my dream
- My parents and my boyfriend are the most supportive people I know
- B.Sc (2007) in animal science
- First time applicant to AVC

- And probably the coolest thing I can say about myself is that Tanya Tucker held me when I was a baby.

(I wish I hadn't typed that subject line. Now I have "I'm Jean Valllllljean" on infinite repeat in my head.)

Hi. I wish I had discovered SDN two years ago.

I'm a non-trad up here in the Great White North (Minnesota). I'm on my second go-around in the application game; I'm only applying to UMN.

I suddenly have no idea what to say about myself, other than I'll likely be the oldest person in Class 2015 if I get in, which makes me giggle like my 4-year-old daughter.

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades (which, in my experience, is a necessity for a vet), having been a musician, a pilot, a computer engineer, a scuba diver, and all-around nice guy. My 6-year-old is smarter than me and routinely out-logics me when I'm trying to discipline him. I always walk away puzzled at who actually got disciplined. I refuse to play games of skill with him for fear of being beaten.

I don't like most pop culture elements (American Idol? Reality TV in general? Bah.). I love R&B, and have a man crush on any decent bassist.

I'm tired of shoveling snow this winter. My Husky thinks I'm a wimp for going inside after a few hours while she curls up on the top of the 10-foot tall pile of snow the snowplow put in my lawn from the cul-de-sac.

My Aussie goes everywhere with me and views the car as her crate. She gets really mad in the summer because she doesn't understand why she can't come along.

I'm psyched to start vet school and I'm thrilled to meet all my new classmates after we get in. :) G'luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
However my story is a bit more :D embarrassing... In middle school (aka 6th grade) I joined the band and took up the cornet. See where I'm going with this.

The instrument was my Grandfather's and it was beautiful, but had a nickel mouthpiece. Oh yea that was a great time!

My folks and the band director switched me to the drums after the clarinet didn’t work out so well. I swear I don’t know how I survived and when I ask my friends from back in the day they totally don’t remember it!

Lovely allergies. I have a similar one too, though I had blocked it out until I saw this on here... I played the clarinet and was somehow fine through middle school, but in high school, my mouth got really sensitive to the metal piece holding the reed in. And that got pretty ugly and painful. Had to get a drs note to have a couple weeks off of playing, but then it came back as soon as I started again. Quit band after that year, and no more hideous mouth rashes since.
Oh, and I pretty much can't wear belts unless they have no metal in them, which rarely happens. So I have to get pants that fit really well, or just have them fall down. :p

I have so many things I want to respond to, time to bust out multi-quote.

I'm ashamed, I totally fell for the GRE part. I was like, "WHAT? HOLY... wait."

Yessss. Mission accomplished! Maybe I should have made my GPA a 4.9? Would that have gotten a double take from anyone?

Wait, wait - judge positively or negatively? :) :)

Negatively. I work in a microbiology lab that looks at mastitis and milk quality. You couldn't pay me to drink raw milk.

I'm kind of a big deal.

Bahahaha. :thumbup:

I guess I'll put more about me than my stats.
Some of this may be in other threads.

I'm 31, married and have 3 children. My oldest son is 7(he is a lego maniac), my daughter is 3(she is a cerealholic) and my youngest son is 11 months old(has no current vices). When I had my youngest, it was a Thursday and I went back to school the next Monday. the hardest part about that was leaving my new baby and pumping between classes(too personal?) Anyway I did miss an exam in Genetics, but didn't make it up. I wish I had because it docked too many points and made it impossible for me to get an A.
My husband dropped everything three years ago and moved us so I could go back to school. Hopefully he can continue to be supportive when things get really heavy(if I get into vet school)
I currently have one dog, a jack russell terrier, named Jimmy(he is featured in my avatar, and my oldest son thought he would dress him up as batman) He loves to go to the park and slide down the slides untill he can do nothing but laydown and pant. He is also obsessed with the laser pointer and will chase it until exhastion(if I let him). I usually have to take the lazer pointer away from my children because he looks as if he will die any second, but keeps at it. And even then he still looks for it for hours. He loves to run along side my bike, and lay in the sunshine that shines through the window. When its cloudy, he lays on the heater vent.
Back to me(sorry about that long rave about my dog)
I love to read. I have every book that Dean Koontz has written.
I have also read the James Herriot books(he was a veterinarian that wrote about his experiences.
I love movies, t.v., and gaming. I recently got Kinect for my Xbox 360 and love it!!!! I religiously follow a couple of series. MythBusters, Man vs. Wild(it's gotta be the accent), and Dexter.
I'm obsessed with my salt water tank even though I only have one fish in it.
I have applied to vet school once and I'm currently on the alernate list (more waiting for me).
I saw the ocean for the first time last summer when we went to Cocoa beach in Florida, and it was as amazing as I imagined it would be. We also did the Disney World thing for the first time, but it was so crowded that it was hard to enjoy.
I love all food and will try anything.
I survived the ejection seat in Branson!
Things I don't like: whining and stupid people

i'm usually more of a lurker than poster...but i'm loving the theme of this thread! a bit about me...

29 yr old born in South Korea, raised in the south (MS and TN), went to college (my first bachelor's) in NYC, work in PR for a few years (also in NYC) and soon realized it was a miserable soul-sucking job, then decided to move back home and give this whole vet school thing a try. unfortunately, i had majored in history and took a grand total of 0 relevant courses (no bio, no gen chem, no nuttin!) so i had to start from scratch. just graduated in december with my second bachelor's in bio.

have 1 dog. she's a 5 yr old cairn terrier rescued from a puppy mill. we've been together for almost a year and she's taught me more about devotion and patience than i thought possible. i also have 2 tabby cats who are freaking awesome! :D

lucky enough to be getting a semester off before i start vet school (hopefully). the past few years have left me feeling quite 1 dimensional since all i pretty much had time for was work, sleep and study. i'm still working part time as a SA vet tech but now have time to do some other things that were put on the back-burner for a few years. a few items on my to-do list are:
--learn how to play beethoven's sonata pathetique (i played piano and cello growing up)
--attack the huge stack of books that i've accumulated (currently reading a problem from hell: america in the age of genocide)
--watch all the movies i want (just watched the social network...highly recommend!)
--help my best friend plan her wedding (i take my maid of honor duties very seriously ;))

other than that...if you're still reading this...a few rando tidbits about me:
--jane goodall is my hero(ine)
--love chimpanzees (in case you didn't get that from the previous tidbit)
--i think i qualify as legally blind in some states without my contacts (-6.75 R and -4.5 L)
--once got 2 speeding tickets in 1 week so now i'm that annoying person who drives like a lil old granny

glad to meet everyone in a non-stats related context! :hello:

- I already have grey hair

pfft, I've had grey hairs since I was an early teenager. I actually really like the way grey hair looks - and hate the way dye smells - so it may be here to stay.

Introduction-wise: I'm a third year student at NC State, chugging away at dual degrees in biology and human-animal ethics. I'm (fingers-crossed) going to be jetting off to Finland for study abroad next semester, have a ridiculous love of my pet betta fish Gilbert, and enjoy lime green accessories. I also really, really like sloths, especially of the two-toed variety, and am really psyched to visit the sloth sanctuary when I'm in Costa Rica this spring break. I have three part-time jobs in addition to college, and spend what little free time I have sleeping, drawing and cooking, in addition to way too much time lurking around SDN. I enjoy life. :)

I'm a third year student at NC State, chugging away at dual degrees in biology and human-animal ethics. :)

Umm, can I tell you how jealous of you I am right now? That major sounds completely amazing. We don't even have an animal ethics class at my tiny state university.

Yessss. Mission accomplished! Maybe I should have made my GPA a 4.9? Would that have gotten a double take from anyone?

Lol. I actually kept looking at the 5.9 GPA multiple time and almost commented asking if you meant 3.9 and then I read the rest of the post and I was like....Ohhh I get it! :idea:

Haha totally worked on me! I was like a 5.9? Did she mean a 3.9? Hmm...maybe it's one of those crazy Canadian systems again.:laugh:

Haha totally worked on me! I was like a 5.9? Did she mean a 3.9? Hmm...maybe it's one of those crazy Canadian systems again.:laugh:

Hahaha I actually completely fell for it too through GPA and GRE, thinking of the GPA as some weird Canadian thing. Sorry, Canada, I'm clueless!

I really like this thread, now that it is just about personalities instead of numbers, so I want to join in.

No stats for me, but I will say I think I might be competitive enough, looking at the instate stats from last year from my instate school. Enough about that now.

I live in Virginia and go to Virginia Tech for undergrad doing my victory lap and I will finally graduate this spring after 5 years with a major in Biology and a minor in Animal Science. I have always known I was going to vet school. Like most of you, I loved animals and just knew and never changed my mind. I also knew I was going to Tech for vet school. I got here and started training my Border Collie to herd sheep, fell in love with sheep, started trailing my dog competitively, got another dog, and now here I am applied to Tech and also RVC in London and the University of Edinburgh in Scotland (man those sheep have changed my life) . I have already been accepted to the University of Edinburgh and I have interviews with VMRCVM and RVC at the end of this month. I am now potentially stuck with going to the UK, eating, breathing, and sleeping sheep and Border Collies for the next 4 years during an opportunity of a lifetime, or going to my dream school where I know everyone, know my way around, and not to mention where my boyfriend is and where my wallet won't loose as much. No matter what happens, I MADE IT INTO VET SCHOOL! When it is all said and done, I am hoping I will be a small ruminant theriogenologist. Really specialized, I know.

When I am not dealing with trying to get into vet school, I am with my dogs because they are my life (and my avatar) and, oh yeah, my boyfriend :oops: lol thank goodness he loves my dogs!
Other than that I love to...
-Be outside
-go to the farmers market
-draw
-paint...I have recently been doing pet portraits but haven't been pleased with them. I am a perfectionist, but it kind of goes with the profession, I know I am not the only one on this list who is one :D
-read when I have time, which is basically when I am not in school (I am currently working on the James Herriot books...finally)
-snowboard
-watch my cat Zeus because everything he does is comical
-I live for my tv show breaks of Grey's Annatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Modern Family, Royal Pains and Tosh.0
-go to the OBX, drive on the beach and play in the water with my pups.

Random facts about me:
I can make one eye go cross eyed while the other stays straight ahead and I am only 5 ft tall and have two younger sisters who are taller than me.

that's all I can think of...enough right?

I forgot to include that my non animal related hobbies are down hill mountain biking, snow shoeing and snow fort building. I love doing things that any kid would enjoy.

Something weird about me....I'm 27 and I have 6 great-nieces and nephews and 15 nieces and nephews. Some of whom live in Mass.

I forgot to include that my non animal related hobbies are down hill mountain biking, snow shoeing and snow fort building. I love doing things that any kid would enjoy.

Something weird about me....I'm 27 and I have 6 great-nieces and nephews and 15 nieces and nephews. Some of whom live in Mass.

Wow you must have a much older sister that has a daughter your age.....thats all i could come up with in my head...lol

Hahaha I actually completely fell for it too through GPA and GRE, thinking of the GPA as some weird Canadian thing. Sorry, Canada, I'm clueless!

I'm in Wisconsin, and Wisconsin is really close to Canada. Totally legit.

Hello

I am very new here~ :) *I jus joined and will most probably be trolling the forum everyday..*

I have been accepted to TAMU in Chemistry Major with Biological Chemistry Track. Probably graduating May 2012 or Summer 2012

I am a college student for 2 years and very new, I didn't know what I have to do until jus recently. I have been volunteering but I don't think it is enough hours to compete with all of you here~! :)

GPA : about 3.8 for freshmen and sophomore level courses
GRE : Have not taken yet.

I am planning to graduate by May/Summer 2012 then volunteer/work animal related field for at least 1 semester while applying for vet school Spring 2013.. I hope that will look good in my resume?

Anyway, I am so glad that I found this forum~ I will come over to troll everyday (probably~ ) :)

Wow you must have a much older sister that has a daughter your age.....thats all i could come up with in my head...lol

Yes, I have 2 sisters that are in their 50's and a brother who's in his late 40's. My mom will be turning 70 this year.

I'm a real person, too. :)

I have 2 dogs, both rescues. A ~13yr lab mix and a ~3 yr Min Pin. My min pin lives with me in my apartment while my lab lives with my parents.
I have a hermit crab named Urea and a Betta Fish named Globulin.

I have been bitten by several primates, including marmosets, lemurs, capuchins, and a spider monkey.

I have a scar on my arm where I contracted ringworm from a tiger cub.

Sea turtles are my favorite animals, and I tear up whenever I see one.

Pyometras and splenic hemangiosarcomas are 2 of my favorite things to see in the vet office.

I drink a 12-pack of Diet Coke every day.

I equally love beer and wine.

In my spare time I love to watch Grey's Anatomy, Nip/Tuck, or Six Feet Under on DVD.

I'm a big UFC fan and meeting Rich Franklin was a highlight of my life.

I pretty much have Forrest Gump memorized, as it is my favorite movie.

I saw the ocean for the first time last summer when we went to Cocoa beach in Florida, and it was as amazing as I imagined it would be. We also did the Disney World thing for the first time, but it was so crowded that it was hard to enjoy.

Cocoa Beach is my favorite beach! I would chose to go there over a lot of the other, more popular beaches any time! You just gotta watch out for the Portuguese Man-of-Wars, because they wash up all the time on the shore.

I'm a real person, too. :)

I drink a 12-pack of Diet Coke every day.

I equally love beer and wine.

I do not think that can be too healthy... haha as I try and cut back on my DC intake too, and I have like 2 a week... but then again I drink butt loads of coffee so its no better.

and I too am an equal beer/wine connoissuer :D. Favorites of each?

I do not think that can be too healthy... haha as I try and cut back on my DC intake too, and I have like 2 a week... but then again I drink butt loads of coffee so its no better.

and I too am an equal beer/wine connoissuer :D. Favorites of each?

I know its not healthy, but I love the stuff! As in Diet Coke is the first thing I want in the morning. I don't drink coffee, so it is my only source of caffiene!

Beer: Shiner Bock... YUM!
Wine: Chardonnay is wonderful, any type. I love the Biltmore Chardonnay, it is very good!!!

Oh yum...
I'd have to say, mine are (at the moment, as it changes frequently):
Beer - Hooker Blonde (from CT)
Wine - Yellowtail's Cabernet Sauvignon (yes, I am classy).
Maybe we should start a thread for this haha

Hey everyone
Figured I'd introduce myself
~First time applicant
~Hometown = Baltimore
~RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~Senior bio major, 3.89GPA, 1250GRE
~Total caffeine addict
~21yrs old
~I just started rock climbing at the begining of fall semester and I fell in love with it, hoping to find a climbing wall and climbing buddies wherever I go to vet school
~I rode horses growing up but havent ridden in the past 2yrs b/c of money/time and I miss it so much
~I am incapable of baking cookies without eating half the dough first
~Steamed crabs, RAVENS, natty boh

I don't follow astrology either, but I still feel - I dunno - sorta like a part of my identity was taken away or like I've been lied to and just found out the truth. It's strange how your perception of your identity works, even related to something you don't believe in.

haha I totally agree, Shadow! When I saw this yesterday on the news, I was like WTF?! :eek: I felt such a sense of betrayal!

Just found this out:::::the new signs only apply if you are born after 2009! So all the 2010 babies reading their horoscopes will be really confused, but we're still good ;)

Thanks, NStarz! I was 100% PO'd. I feel much at ease. I'm still a Scorp! (even though I don't think I fit many of the traits *shrug*)

Seriously? Maybe this is why you haven't gotten in, maybe they think you're exaggerating or lying. I certainly do, but that's just me.

Let's see: 30,000 hours of veterinary experience. Let's be generous and say you work an average of 10 hours per day. So you've worked 3,000 10 hour shifts in your life. Let's again be generous and say you've had the ability to work 5 days a week, 10 hours each day.

That means you've worked 600 work weeks. Wow! Let's be generous yet again and say you've done 5 10 hour shifts a week every week a year - no holidays, ever, 52 weeks straight.

That means that you've been working 50+ hours a week, every week, for 11 and a half years. That means you started working full time before you turned 14. And this isn't even factoring in how you would be a full time student during any of this...

I dearly hope that's a typo, otherwise it's no wonder the adcoms don't take you seriously.

Wow this is an introduce yourself thread...so you are an ass:cool:

I am a Western grad (charter class). I have finished a residency in lab animal/comparative medicine and am currently taking over the world:D

I have finished a residency in lab animal/comparative medicine and am currently taking over the world:D

Wow, should we be worried? :)

I know you were at first anxious and then happy about your job outlook/possibilities. I'd be curious to hear where you ended up! You can be as vague as you like, of course. Either way, glad you found something that you're excited about!

Oh yum...
I'd have to say, mine are (at the moment, as it changes frequently):
Beer - Hooker Blonde (from CT)
Wine - Yellowtail's Cabernet Sauvignon (yes, I am classy).
Maybe we should start a thread for this haha

Yum Yellow Tail Cab is very tasty, one of my favs as well. Fox Horn cab is tasty for a budget wine and when I have extra $ I usually go for Wild Horse. yum yum.

Umm, can I tell you how jealous of you I am right now? That major sounds completely amazing. We don't even have an animal ethics class at my tiny state university.

It's actually a self-designed degree - technically I'll graduate with an "Interdisciplinary Studies" degree. We don't offer an animal ethics course, either, although my senior project will most likely be designing/possibly teaching one. :) The classes in the degree are a variety of ethics, biology and policy courses that I'm making into something coherent.

I'm a diet coke addict, also, though I usually average 3-4 cans, not a dozen, haha.

I am currently taking over the world:D

I'll aspire to do that if I survive vet school (...and get into vet school...:laugh:) ;)

1) 2 dogs. One's an Icelandic sheepdog, and major kudos if you knew the breed without googling a picture. The other is part mutt/part moose/part Oklahoman Black Dog.

I caved....I 'bing-ed' an Icelandic sheepdog and they are so gorgeous! I'll just have to conjure up an image of what your other dog looks like :D

1) 4th year vet student about 4 months from graduating
2) Love to read
3) Love to play video games - especially first person shooters, but all sorts
4) Baking
5) Two cats - Artemis and Apollo who are both a little more than a year old. We will be adding a dog to the mix after I graduate. Husband wants a corgi (and often looks over my shoulder at TT's avatar and remarks how cute they are)
6) Married during 2nd year and still living the dream :D
7) I'm super injury prone - only some of it is accidental but I just have bad luck as far as it goes. Like needing my gallbladder out during finals last year.
8) I play softball every year and would love to play more since intramurals only have about 4 games a year
9) Baseball fan
10) Grew up in Singapore and Japan and only moved back to the States for college and vet school. I still have moments of missing cultural references

1) 2 dogs. One's an Icelandic sheepdog, and major kudos if you knew the breed without googling a picture. The other is part mutt/part moose/part Oklahoman Black Dog.

I am usually really good at imaging what the breed looks like when it is mentioned, but Icelandic sheepdog definitely threw me for a loop and I had to resort to google. Very pretty dog. :)

the Icelandic Sheepdog to me kinda looks like a cross between a Chow and a Border collie:)
Very handsom breed!

icelandic-sheepdog-0013.jpg

3) I don't get hangovers. (See #2)

High five! Me neither.

4) The more I drink, the earlier I wake up the next morning. For example, I was awake at 7 this morning after being awake until 3ish. (See #3) However on a normal day, I am more than capable of sleeping till noon, and will do so at every opportunity.

I do this too, and feel really refreshed after waking up from a night of drinking. I've read that it's not really a healthy thing though, as it's because alcohol interferes with your REM cycles that you wake up so early after drinking the night before.

I have a hermit crab named Urea and a Betta Fish named Globulin.

- I love nerdy jokes... and the people that get them, too! (^These names made me LOL)
- I find things like lancing abscesses and refluxing horses to be infinitely satisfying.
- I've been loving horses & riding since I was six. My fascination with equine athletes is the main reason why I chose to pursue vet med.
- I have a rock star of a mini poodle and I get judged when I mention her breed to people, but I'm slowly converting everyone who meets her into poodle-lovers!
- I am from MA but moved to VA this past summer after graduating college.
- I caught the travel bug and can't wait to go somewhere new!
- I am posting at an obscene hour because I am on a night shift schedule this weekend. My circadian rhythm is in the toilet along with my immune system, but I love my job at an equine hospital :D

- - I am posting at an obscene hour because I am on a night shift schedule this weekend. My circadian rhythm is in the toilet along with my immune system, but I love my job at an equine hospital :D

I understand that...I don't think my circadian rhythm has ever been normal:rolleyes: