Investing in pharma companies

Started by pedstar09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pedstar09

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This may be a weird question, but I will give it a go. Do you guys usually invest in pharma companies? Not big pharma, but a few companies that are up and coming are coming out with decent drugs and I am just curious if anyone else in the healthcare field invests purely for the investment purpose and not for promotion purpose?
 
I would see it as almost like a charitable donation to research a drug of your choice but definitely not a real investment. Your basically a horse trainer that is picking horses at the track. Sure, you may be good at picking them but it's still gambling.