Invisalign during dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist2263

Reaction score
This is kind of random, but I was wondering if we are able to treat ourselves with invisalign while in dental school? I very much regret not wearing my retainer as I should have after my braces were removed and now my teeth are more crooked than I would like them to be. It would be nice to be able to fix this myself while studying to be a dentist. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my very random question!

Members don't see this ad.

This is kind of random, but I was wondering if we are able to treat ourselves with invisalign while in dental school? I very much regret not wearing my retainer as I should have after my braces were removed and now my teeth are more crooked than I would like them to be. It would be nice to be able to fix this myself while studying to be a dentist. Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my very random question!
I don't know of any schools that teach you invisalign, let alone have the materials to be able to do treatment on yourself. At my school, we only learn how to do the basics of braces. The most you'll be able to do for yourself in dental school is make yourself whitening trays/a nightguard.

Dental schools wont let you treat yourself but you can get another student to treat you. The dental school I attend teaches students invisalign (not all dental schools do this!) and thus you can get an upper classmen to treat you during your d1 year or wait until your a d3 and get a friend to treat you. As a dental student getting treatment you get the dental school price plus a small percentage off as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My school had invisalign certification that was optional and most of my class participated in it (current D3). You cannnot treat yourself though whether you are in dental school or practicing. Invisalign Your dental school probably won't approve the treatment plan but you do get a nice discount on the treatments/records though (25% on tx and 50% on records I believe).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
My school had invisalign certification that was optional and most of my class participated in it (current D3). You cannnot treat yourself though whether you are in dental school or practicing. Invisaign wouldn't approve the treatment plan but you do get a nice discount on the treatments/records though (25% on tx and 50% on records I believe).
This claim is likely to be news to some practitioners.

This claim is likely to be news to some practitioners.

just going by what we were told during our certification course....i suppose you could get away with it as long as Invisalign approves it. im sure you would know better than me

just going by what we were told during our certification course....i suppose you could get away with it as long as Invisalign approves it. im sure you would know better than me
Some may be Invisalign instructors, however....