invitation to apply for xxx school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yy99875

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After PCAT released score to PharmCAS, I got invitations to apply multiple schools. I wonder do those invitation just automated send out to students who send PCAT to PharmCAS? Do I get better chance to interview to those schools? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

After PCAT released score to PharmCAS, I got invitations to apply multiple schools. I wonder do those invitation just automated send out to students who send PCAT to PharmCAS? Do I get better chance to interview to those schools? Thank you!

If you like the school, definitely go to the interview.

Yes once you take the pcat, you get those schools emails to apply to them

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you ever gotten those pre-approved credit card offers in the mail?

There you go. It's that, but for pharmacy school. You have no better chance than someone who didn't receive mail from the school and found out about the program through other means.

You have no better chance than someone who didn't receive mail from the school and found out about the program through other means.

Not exactly true...schools can choose minimum PCAT composite scores, and elect not receive information for PCAT test takers who fall below a certain minimum score.
At some point, schools lose interest in individuals who score below XX percentile, and rather the folks who have no shot of getting in not bother applying.

The fact that this person received correspondence from the schools means that their composite PCAT score is at or close enough to the minimum the school will accept.

Not exactly true...schools can choose minimum PCAT composite scores, and elect not receive information for PCAT test takers who fall below a certain minimum score.
At some point, schools lose interest in individuals who score below XX percentile, and rather the folks who have no shot of getting in not bother applying.

The fact that this person received correspondence from the schools means that their composite PCAT score is at or close enough to the minimum the school will accept.

Except the entirety of what you said above requires the assumption we are talking about an individual who is underqualified compared to OP, in which it would be incredibly obvious that OP has an advantage and need not be stated.

A similar stats candidate vs. OP have similar chances. Just because the school sent an advertisement to one or the other doesn't mean anything.