Invitations, when do they send them out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMGIMG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

When do the programs (I have applied to IM) start sending out invitations for interviews?

Can you choose when to interview, e.g. have all interviews in November? Would be hard for me to stay to long in the US for interviews since I have a job in my country.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

When do the programs (I have applied to IM) start sending out invitations for interviews?

Can you choose when to interview, e.g. have all interviews in November? Would be hard for me to stay to long in the US for interviews since I have a job in my country.

Check the IM forum and search it for "interview invites" and look for last years' thread (if there is one, there usually is).

In my specialty (psych), the first invites came on 9/3 (a friday) last year, but only a couple. The bulk of invites came in late Sept. or early Oct.

I do have a friend who applied to FM yesterday and already has 1 interview. :eek:

Hello!

I am applying to Pathology and I got my first interview request on Friday, Sept. 2.