iPad Pro 12.9 with MBP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Hi all,

I already have a 13in MBP that I plan on using for med school but I’m wanting to get the iPad Pro for its note taking and portability. Is 12.9 overkill ? Or will it help with efficiency because of being able to split screen apps? Obviously the 12.9 isn’t as portable but it’s also not ridiculously heavy either. Thanks for the help !

Members don't see this ad.

I use an MBP and 1st gen 9.5” Pro... I haven’t really wished for more screen real estate, but my workflow doesn’t involve multiple apps on my iPad.

Hi all,

I already have a 13in MBP that I plan on using for med school but I’m wanting to get the iPad Pro for its note taking and portability. Is 12.9 overkill ? Or will it help with efficiency because of being able to split screen apps? Obviously the 12.9 isn’t as portable but it’s also not ridiculously heavy either. Thanks for the help !

Do you want to match into derm, ortho or plastics?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

This is what I run and it was really helpful having both.

I used notability which synced notes between iPad/mac. Their handwriting recognition is absurdly good so written notes on a slide deck were searchable. I’d say if you’re playing to win it’s the way to go

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 13" pro and a 9.5" iPad and I love it. My macbook is old so I try to mostly use my iPad. That + apple pencil has been a godsend. My 9.5 has worked fine for me. The only time I've wanted split screen is doing research where I've wanted a split screen desktop.

I have a 10.5 pro and it has the split screen function. I personally thought the 12.9 was too large for clinical rotations