iphone app for CPT codes and case logs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miyagi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good iPhone apps for CPT codes or an app to keep track of OR case logs?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do you need this for a residency case log? Most of the surgery programs (probably all) use one from the ACGME.

Be careful about storing patient information on a smartphone. In general, they are not HIPAA-compliant and word on the street is that JCAHO will be paying closer attention to handheld devices in the near future.

Do you need this for a residency case log? Most of the surgery programs (probably all) use one from the ACGME.

Be careful about storing patient information on a smartphone. In general, they are not HIPAA-compliant and word on the street is that JCAHO will be paying closer attention to handheld devices in the near future.

That being said, is there a program for CPT and ICD-9 codes? I'm still adjusting to Epic, and for my charge capture I sometimes find myself working hard to find codes. I don't plan to store any patient info in my phone, but I'd benefit from a quick reference guide.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still getting used to EPIC. Overall, it's a nice EMR, but their charge capture part is clunky. My old one had a search engine built into it. I use the AMA's site for lots of it now.

i contacted the acgme last year with the idea to have an iphone application to have surgical residents log their cases, thought it would be more convenient, wouldnt store the info just be an application to the acgme caselog website with iphone friendly drop down, search, etc. my chief resident at the time was a tech guy and we would try to build it.

their response:

while we are going to release an optimized web app for web
based phones, currently we have no plans surrounding a native
application.
I agree with you that this would be of great value to residents,
however, at this time the decision has been in the negative.
Best Regards,

Andrew
Resident Case Log System, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education

My habit in residency was to login to the ACGME site while I was dictating the case and enter the info at the same time. Not sure that a iPhone app would have been that much better/more efficient.

I practice I now do the same thing, except it's now with our billing software. Login while dictating, enter case info, and by the time the patient has left the room, my documentation and billing is done.

I don't use an iphone, but I know the mobile acgme case log website works on tablets (ipad and android) so it may work on the iphone too. I've used it a lot recently on my android tablet and it works fine.

https://m.acgme.org/MobileRCL/

My friend in residency used his iPhone for the ACGME log. I was a dumb Palm-user at the time, so I had to use a regular computer.