IPPE experience and site is hiring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmIntern0909

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I began my first IPPE and I saw online that my site is hiring. I had no prior experience working in a pharmacy and would like to know when should be a good time and how should i go about asking the pharmacist about the position. Or should I apply online and then notify her? I'll only be at this site for approximately 4 weeks (3 days a week).

Also, Different pharmacists are working at the store should I tell every pharmacist I work with or should I just my primary preceptor?

Edit: Sorry, I should've been more specific. I've completed my first professional year of pharmacy school and the store is hiring a "Pharmacy Student" (that's what it said on the site).
 
Last edited:
I began my first IPPE experience and I saw online that my site is hiring. I had no prior experience working in a pharmacy and would like to know when should be a good time and how should i go about asking the pharmacist about the position. Or should I apply online and then notify her? I'll only be at this site for approximately 4 weeks (3 days a week).

Also, Different pharmacists are working at the store should I tell every pharmacist I work with or should I just my primary preceptor?

IPPE? as in P1? I'm sorry, but that's too early for a company to commit to hiring someone, and it's too early to be certain of your career track.

It's along P3 and P4 year that you and employers are more likely to make that commitment. Take the first 2-3 years to figure out what you want to do for sure, so you can at least nail down one end of that equation.
 
IPPE? as in P1? I'm sorry, but that's too early for a company to commit to hiring someone, and it's too early to be certain of your career track.

It's along P3 and P4 year that you and employers are more likely to make that commitment. Take the first 2-3 years to figure out what you want to do for sure, so you can at least nail down one end of that equation.

i'm pretty sure they're talking about an internship here...
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Correct me if wrong, but I thought IPPE stood for introductory pharmacy practice experience during P1 year.

it does. this person saw an opening at their ippe site for an internship position and they want to be hired on as an intern, not as a pharmacist.
 
Yes. You are correct. I should've been more specific. However, when should I ask, after I'm done or during the second week?

I think you can mention it to your preceptor now and let them know that you're interested in the postion. Obviously they won't hire you till you finish your ippe but if you let them know now, they'll keep you in the back of their mind. You don't want to wait till you finish your ippe cuz the position could get filled by then or they might already have someone else in mind.
 
I think you can mention it to your preceptor now and let them know that you're interested in the postion. Obviously they won't hire you till you finish your ippe but if you let them know now, they'll keep you in the back of their mind. You don't want to wait till you finish your ippe cuz the position could get filled by then or they might already have someone else in mind.


This!