IQ of average pharmacists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nemo777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love personality tests, iq tests and all the rest. I read that the average IQ of a pharmacist is 120+. What do you all think about this?

*Disclaimer*

I know that the iq test doesn't account for study habits, motivation, or determination. So chime in little savants!:)

IQ Range Classification

140 and over Genius or near genius
120-140 Very superior intelligence
110-120 Superior intelligence
90-110 Normal or average intelligence
80-90 Dullness
70-80 Borderline deficiency
Below 70 Definite feeble-mindedness

Top Civil Servants; Professors and Research Scientists.

Physicians and Surgeons; Lawyers; Engineers (Civil and Mechanical)

School Teachers; Pharmacists; Accountants; Nurses; Stenographers; Managers.

Foremen; Clerks; Telephone Operators; Salesmen; Policemen; Electricians.

100+
Machine Operators; Shopkeepers; Butchers; Welders; Sheet Metal Workers.

100-
Warehousemen; Carpenters; Cooks and Bakers; Small Farmers; Truck and Van Drivers.

Laborers; Gardeners; Upholsterers; Farmhands; Miners; Factory Packers and Sorters

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pharmacists are only smarter than Telephone Operators. Not very assuring :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha, this looks like one of those stupid forwards your friends send you alongside those "AIDS from a gas pump" emails.

It's all in good fun. :) Plus I want to hear how everyone's IQ is 224:p:p.

idiot savant here :hello:

Bush:

80-90 Dullness
70-80 Borderline deficiency
Below 70 Definite feeble-mindedness :smuggrin:

School teachers and pharmacists on the same level..hmm. Not at all from what i've experienced. Teaching seems to be about one of the easiest majors.

I took one in high school and got a 120. Wonder if it is higher now...one of these days I'll take another one. People ALWAYS tell me their IQ is like 140 or higher...I'm like ooookay ;)

I wonder what the source of this is. Maybe this is from when it wasn't a PharmD requirement. But I'm sure it's just all made up anyway. :shrug:

I don't think someone's job defines their IQ but that's just me

Personally, I feel my neurons dying when working in stores with heavy drive-thru traffic...

I've met idiots in all career fields.

Do you have to pay to take a test to determine your IQ?
Why would you, what does knowing your IQ do for you?

Priapism's IQ is so high, it has to be expressed in scientific notation. At least that's what I imagine he thinks to himself as he looks in the mirror...brushing his teeth...calculating the best angle at which to manipulate his brush for maximal plaque removal. Because he's that damn smart. :thumbup:

Priapism's IQ is so high, it has to be expressed in scientific notation. At least that's what I imagine he thinks to himself as he looks in the mirror...brushing his teeth...calculating the best angle at which to manipulate his brush for maximal plaque removal. Because he's that damn smart. :thumbup:

Child-proof bottles amaze me...

School teachers and pharmacists on the same level..hmm. Not at all from what i've experienced. Teaching seems to be about one of the easiest majors.

Teachers aren't measured by how smart they are, they are measured by how well they convey the information to the students.

I had a math teacher in high school who was ridiculously smart, I mean, we were wondering why this guy wasn't in some top university doing research on mathematics. But he wasn't too good at getting the information across to us.

In his classes, basically only 2-3 people got over 90 while most people failed.