IR research for DR residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MouseChair

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am applying for DR for the upcoming cycle. I have secured a research position for the year ahead with an IR doc who is very productive. However, I am planning on applying DR only. I do not think that I am going to be competitive for the integrated IR match (230s/240s, no AOA)

How is this viewed? I a m hoping to start up some DR research as well, but expect to have a few pubs in the works for IR.
 
Hi all,

I am applying for DR for the upcoming cycle. I have secured a research position for the year ahead with an IR doc who is very productive. However, I am planning on applying DR only. I do not think that I am going to be competitive for the integrated IR match (230s/240s, no AOA)

How is this viewed? I a m hoping to start up some DR research as well, but expect to have a few pubs in the works for IR.
You should apply both. I matched IR this year, and if I was you I would get into SIR student council if you can, if not oh well get a couple pubs get some great letters. do a few aways and really perform and you will match IR spend a little extra in application process and apply to every IR program plus lots of DR programs, you will get in.