All Branch Topic (ABT) Iran

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Drones change everything.

As a general rule I agree with pgg. With any other president, I would have agreed with pgg no matter how serious things seemed. But I learned that with Trump you can’t apply any sort of logical framework to anything he does. So who knows. Maybe we’ll be at war tomorrow. Maybe we’ll forget all about this and start talking about how vaccines cause windmill cancer.

Would it matter if it was?

Of course we're not going to invade Iran. Of course not. Stop.

Given that he is the commander-in-chief of the US Military, I would say that it matters.

Large-scale ground forces, I agree with you. Small unit special forces, I’m not so sure.

I’m just glad that I’m not still on active duty or reserves with this current president in the current situation. God speed to all of you that still are in.

Does anyone here actually believe that giving Iran 150b was a good idea?

Reactions: 1 user
There's no telling what will happen, and I'm certainly not in any high ranking room where decisions are being made. I'm not even going to venture a guess to our force projection capabilities in the region after all the events that have happened in the region over the last 18 years of war - both according to plan and not. But Iran is something like 3 times the population and nearly 4 times the size of Iraq, full of mountains and a much more varied terrain and climate than flat dessert. They are also not Arabs.

Does anyone here actually believe that giving Iran 150b was a good idea?
Technically we returned their money. It's not like we gifted them the money. And if we were trying to get them to sign onto the nuclear deal, it would make sense.