Is a CNA position considered clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redruby4567

Reaction score
I have had some differing opinions some advisors have said yes and others say no. I have spent around 3 years working as a CNA in a hospital. Would this be sufficient clinical experience, or should I try to spend some hours shadowing a physician?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it is but you still need to shadow a physician.

Reactions: 1 user
I will personally slap anyone that doesn't think being a CNA is clinical experience. It is the most clinical of experiences. Far better than being a scribe or volunteering in an ER or any of the roles many other premeds inhabit.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will personally slap anyone that doesn't think being a CNA is clinical experience. It is the most clinical of experiences. Far better than being a scribe or volunteering in an ER or any of the roles many other premeds inhabit.
I agree! I feel like it has given me a better idea of what I really want to do and given me great experience with patients! Do you think that doing solely that without the shadowing would have any negative affects on my application?

I agree! I feel like it has given me a better idea of what I really want to do and given me great experience with patients! Do you think that doing solely that without the shadowing would have any negative affects on my application?
Yep. Even with my years as a respiratory therapist I still had to shadow.

Reactions: 1 users