• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Is a post bacc the right move

MaiTai857

2+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
Background: I just completed my masters in accounting with a 3.4 (undergrad was 3.2) in April. I have been accepted to a 2 year post bacc program that starts this August. I do not have any of my premed prereqs and am wondering if the 25k to complete a post bacc is the right move. I am no stranger to the California community college system and feel that I could complete the required courses at a significantly lower cost and at a faster rate since I would be able to start this summer/create my own schedule.

I am fully devoted to becoming an MD and would love to avoid a gap year if at all possible.

Any advice or insight on possible steps forward with program selection as well as tips on how to avoid a gap year would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
The two year post-bac is the way to go. You'll get better advising than via a DIY post-bac, and the program should also be giving you MCAT prep (ideally).

As anon-trad, it's marathon now, not a sprint. Med schools aren't going anywhere.

Do you have all the required ECs?

Reactions: 1 user

MaiTai857

2+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
I truly do value your response. I have not started any ECs. The only relevance that I can provide is that I have recently become certified as a medical coder (CPC) and am close to securing a job in the field.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.