Is a post bacc the right move

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaiTai857

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Background: I just completed my masters in accounting with a 3.4 (undergrad was 3.2) in April. I have been accepted to a 2 year post bacc program that starts this August. I do not have any of my premed prereqs and am wondering if the 25k to complete a post bacc is the right move. I am no stranger to the California community college system and feel that I could complete the required courses at a significantly lower cost and at a faster rate since I would be able to start this summer/create my own schedule.

I am fully devoted to becoming an MD and would love to avoid a gap year if at all possible.

Any advice or insight on possible steps forward with program selection as well as tips on how to avoid a gap year would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The two year post-bac is the way to go. You'll get better advising than via a DIY post-bac, and the program should also be giving you MCAT prep (ideally).

As anon-trad, it's marathon now, not a sprint. Med schools aren't going anywhere.

Do you have all the required ECs?

Reactions: 1 user
I truly do value your response. I have not started any ECs. The only relevance that I can provide is that I have recently become certified as a medical coder (CPC) and am close to securing a job in the field.