Is a prelim IM year compliant with Resolution 42?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcmnancy

JCMNancy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a DO student applying to allopathic PM&R residency with intention to apply to allopathic fellowships afterward. I understand there might be some discrepancies with the class of 2015 regarding osteopathic internships and allopathic fellowships, so I'd like to avoid this mess by applying to allopathic prelims in internal medicine.

However, I came across this link: http://www.osteopathic.org/inside-a...ng/Documents/resolution-42-core-rotations.pdf to the resolution 42 requirements and I don't understand how prelim IM fits in. Anyone know if it'll be an issue? I ask because there's a strong chance that I'll want to work in PA or MI in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

Your future program will be prepared to handle this. You apply/register for am exemption through 42 and you have to fulfill some things like do osteopathic courses and give a presentation on something osteopathic. I asked about this during an interview at UF and that's what I was told. It's not a big deal and everyone gets through.

You might want to reevaluate wanting be in PA or MI. There are literally 40 much better states to live in

Reactions: 1 user